2019 1 oz Gold Britannia
The 2019 1 oz Gold Britannia from the Royal Mint contains one troy ounce of .9999 fine gold (24 carat). Britannia is one of the world’s oldest coin icons. This classic design is recognized and respected across the world as a symbol of beauty, reliability and strength.
Britannia’s Distinctive Design
The obverse displays the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, first introduced on Britannia in 2016. A Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark’s 2015 original design was selected to replace that which was first introduced in 1998.
The reverse features the helmeted Lady Britannia. She stands with a trident grasped in one hand to defend the seas. In the other, she holds a shield, graced with the image of Great Britain’s flag, ready to defend the realm. As a symbol of strength and integrity, Britannia has for centuries been featured on British coinage. She is encircled with the inscriptions, “BRITANNIA 2019 . 1 oz . 999.9 FINE GOLD.” A finely-engraved radial sunburst pattern fills the background. This not only adds a very attractive texture, but also anti-counterfeiting security.
- 2019 1 oz Gold Britannia.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 fine gold content.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the Royal Mint’s new guilloché security pattern. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D.” and the 100 pounds face value.
- Reverse: Features the helmeted Lady Britannia, standing with a trident grasped in one hand and a shield in the other. A radial sunburst pattern fills the background.
- Introduced in 2018, a finely-engraved guilloché security pattern, providing anti-counterfeiting security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
The Royal Mint first introduced Britannia gold bullion coins in 1987 as a rival to the highly popular Krugerrand. The Britannia’s stunning design quickly became an international favorite. Today, they are prized by investors for their purity and fine quality. Originally, Britannia was produced as a 22 carat (.917) coin. However, since 2013 they have been struck with a .9999 fineness (24 carat). The 1 oz Gold Britannia is an excellent choice for those who want to add fine gold bullion to their portfolio.
Why choose the 1 oz Gold Britannia?
Gold has been the preferred choice for trade and investment since ancient times, The 1 oz Gold Britannia is one of the world’s most popular bullion coins. This distinctive, stunning bullion coin rivals even the South African Krugerrand, the American Gold Eagle, and the Canadian Maple Leaf.
Gold is considered a safe haven for your capital. It is also a popular choice for those who wish to make gold part of a pension fund or long term investment. 1 oz Gold Britannia coins have a face value of £100 backed by the British government. Gold Britannia’s are always in demand and easy to trade, even during times of crisis.