2019 Niue Medusa 3D 250g Silver High Relief Coin
The Mint of Poland, in association with the South Pacific island nation of Niue, proudly presents this awesome, highly detailed new release. This coin is produced in extremely high relief (3D) 92.5 sterling silver, with an impeccable antiqued finish. The uniquely detailed design and incredibly striking craftsmanship of this 2019 Niue Medusa 3D 250g Silver High Relief coin is an amazing example of what we’ve come to expect from the highly creative craftsmen at Poland Mint!
Medusa ‑ Gorgon!
Directly from the pages of Greek mythology, behold the head of Medusa! The most feared of Gorgons. The meaning of the word “gorgon,” originating from the ancient greek, roughly translates, “dreadful, grim, terrible.” Medusa is renowned for her deadly gaze, as well as that her hair consisted of live, writhing venomous snakes. Simply a glimpse at her face would turn the viewer into solid stone. Even after Perseous beheaded Medusa, her severed head retained its deadly power over those who looked upon it.
The obverse of this 2019 Niue Medusa 3D 250g Silver High Relief coin is highly original, both in its design and shape. To support the extremely high-relief of the reverse 3D design, the shape is irregular, and the contoured edges align with the shape of the design. The entire obverse background displays a snakeskin pattern and is highlighted by an antique finish. The center circular inset depicts the Ian Rank-Broadly profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by a border design of cresting waves. Encircling that is another border that includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II . NIUE ISLAND . 15 DOLLARS . 2019. Encircling that is a Grecian-style decorative border. At the right-top rim is inscribed the AG 92.5 purity.
Cold, Placid, Trance-like
The reverse features the head of Medusa, depicted with a cold, placid expression, and a trance-like stare from her empty eyes. The snakes writhing from her head are staged to strike in every direction. They are spilling down, covering her head, exposing only her face. The antique finish highlights the dark nature of this scene perfectly. Although we are certain you will be tempted, we would caution you never to gaze directly into her eyes.
This highly collectible 2019 Niue Medusa 3D 250g Silver High Relief coin captures a sense of the sheer horror of Medusa’s head with an incredibly detailed antique finish. The coin comes in a striking presentation case frame and a certificate of authentication. Or, consider taking the coin to your preferred jeweler to convert it to a most incredible amulet! Just imagine wearing this awesome coin for public display!
With the extremely-limited mintage of only 499 for worldwide distribution of this amazingly high-relief 3D coin, you really should act quickly, lest you gaze at it too long and finally turn to stone!
- 2019 Niue Medusa 3D 250g Silver High Relief.
- Struck in extremely high relief (3D) .925 fine silver antique finish.
- Extremely limited mintage of 499 for global distribution!
- Contains 250 grams of Sterling Silver (.925 fine)
- Comes in a very attractive presentation case frame and a certificate of authentication.
- Obverse: Displays a beautifully antiqued finish applied to the Ian Rank-Broadly profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, with inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II . NIUE ISLAND . 15 DOLLARS . 2019 and the AG 92.5 purity.
- Reverse: Features an incredible 3D design, featuring the grim head of Medusa, highlighted by the applied antique finish.
- Produced by the Mint of Poland in association with the South Pacific island nation of Niue.
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of the nation of Niue.