2019 1 oz Silver Australia Bird of Paradise Manucodia
Following the highly successful 2018 inaugural release of this new Australian Bird of Paradise series, Perth Mint announces this beautiful second edition. Featured for this 2019 release is a different species, the Manucodia. The Manucodia is native to lowland forests of New Guinea, as well as a scattering of the surrounding islands. A medium-sized bird, it is best appreciated for its highly distinctive song. This is said to be due to their longer windpipe that functions somewhat like a wind instrument. The Manucodia's plumage is a shimmering black-glossed purple and green.
New for 2019, the obverse features the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen's shoulders and full neckline. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, "ELIZABETH II 2019 AUSTRALIA" at the top, and "1 DOLLAR" at the bottom.
As with the 2018 series introduction, the reverse of this 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Bird of Paradise Manucodia was designed by highly accomplished graphic designer, Jennifer McKenna. This wonderful Manucodia is shown perched upon a leafy branch, with its head raised high as it broadcasts its distinctive song. Providing a nice perspective, one of the branch's leaves breaches into the rim-band, as does the bird's tail. Within the rim-band are the inscriptions, "AUSTRALIAN BIRD OF PARADISE . 1 oz 9999 SILVER." Just to the right at the base of the branch is displayed Perth Mint's "P" mintmark.
This is a beautiful presentation of this wonderful Bird of Paradise Manucodia. The second edition to be released of this new Perth series, this 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Bird of Paradise is an excellent addition!
- 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Bird of Paradise Manucodia.
- Second annual release in this wonderful new Australian Bird of Paradise Perth series.
- Very limited mintage of only 50,000.
- Contains 1 Troy oz .9999 fine silver BU.
- Face Value of 1 Dollar (AUD).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: New for 2019, the obverse features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark's 2016 5th official effigy. Also included is the coin's weight and purity, release date of 2019, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a single Bird of Paradise of the beautiful Manucodia species. The presentation follows a similar layout as the 2018 introduction. The Manucodia is perched on a leafy branch, head raise singing its distinctive song.