2019 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Dragon
This is the third annual release of Perth Mint’s very popular Dragon series, pairing a dragon against a competing creature, both attempting to capture the prize of a single flaming pearl. This stunning 2019 edition pairs two traditional Chinese dragons against each other in the eternal chase. The inaugural 2017 Dragon & Phoenix release depicted the pairing of the dragon against a competing phoenix. That was followed by the amazing 2018 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Tiger release, featuring the dragon going head-to-head against the fierce, raw power and swiftness of a tiger. Now, we arrive at this strikingly powerful 2019 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Dragon!
Competing for the Prize ‑ Dragon & Dragon
New for 2019, the obverse introduces the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “1 DOLLAR” at the bottom.
The reverse highlights in very fine detail, a very active scene depicting two dragon’s locked in an unending circular chase. The focus and intensity displayed in the faces of each of these powerful creatures is awesome! Each of the dragons’ keen eyes are fixed upon the single flaming pearl that separates them.
Dragon against dragon fully engaged, not in battle, but in the chase! Their serpentine bodies continually writhe as each extends their sharp claws in attempt after attempt to finally capture the flaming pearl. However, their single interest is forever blazing between them, just outside of their reach.
This 2019 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Dragon features an awesome design and the impeccable production for which Perth Mint is so well known! This is definitely a series you will proudly display among your favorite pieces. Also, with an extremely limited mintage of only 50,000 for global distribution, you really shouldn’t delay!
- 2019 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Dragon.
- Third annual release of a themed-series featuring the dragon competing for the flaming pearl.
- Very limited mintage of only 50,000.
- Contains 1 Troy oz .9999 fine silver BU.
- Face Value of 1 Dollar (AUD).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: New for 2019, the obverse features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s 2016 5th official effigy. Also included is the coin’s weight and purity, release date of 2019, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a finely-detailed scene of the eternal chase of two dragons locked in a chase to capture the one coveted flaming pearl, that forever seems to be just outside of their grasp.