2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala
Perth Mint’s Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife. With each release a uniquely new koala scene is featured, and this 2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala is a wonderful example!
New for 2019
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. New for 2019, the obverse introduces the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. She also wears the stunning Royal Diamond Diadem, the same she wore at her coronation. This is a very lovely and graceful pose. This new effigy is certain to be well received. Inscriptions within the wide rim-band include “ELIZABETH II . AUSTRALIA . 1 DOLLAR.”
For 2019, the new reverse design leverages a mix of both frosted and brilliant design elements to bring out a nice sense of depth to the scene. The single koala is relaxing on a branch of a eucalyptus tree, with gum leaves from overhead branches rustling in the background. The koala’s full-body display shows it grasping the limb with all four paws. Its alert gaze is fixed just off to its right. The overall scene is very nicely presented and, of course the koala is adorable! This 2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala will certainly grace your growing collection!
- 2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Obverse: New for 2019, the obverse features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s 2016 5th official effigy.
- Reverse: Displays an adorable, full-body presentation of a single koala resting upon a eucalyptus tree branch. Also included are the inscriptions “Australian Koala,” the date, coin’s weight and purity, and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Limited mintage of only 300,000 coins.