2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Rectangular Dragon
Perth Mint is very pleased to announce the second annual release of this 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Rectangular Dragon! Having made history with the inaugural 2018 edition of the first rectangular bullion coin ever produced by the mint, its popularity all but demanded this second edition. The vertical orientation is perfect for the highly-stylized dragon design featured on the reverse. For this 2019 edition the entire design, both obverse and reverse, is refreshed!
Throughout the world, the dragon’s ageless legends have captured the imaginations of young and old alike. Although the countless heraldic stories may differ in their details, there are many common themes that have followed the ages. True to the legends, the dragon featured on this 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Rectangular Dragon is a magnificent creature!
The Magnificent Dragon
This 2019 edition, although stylistically similar to the 2018, the dragon’s long, scaled, serpentine body is positioned differently in its chase of the elusive flaming pearl. Depicted rising even higher into the clouds, the dragon twists its head and upper-body fiercely back to its left. This exposes more of its underbelly as it grasps desperately for the pearl; ever just out of reach. The dragon’s large head, with wide-open mouth reveals its fierceness, as does its exposed razor-sharp teeth.
As the legends nearly always include, the flaming pearl is the creature’s most coveted treasure. Also consistent with folklore, dragons sustain a unique connection with the earth’s primal forces. These are represented in the water, clouds, and wind.
The obverse displays in vertical format, the new Jody Clark portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Radiant lines, extending out from the bar’s center, fill the background behind the portrait. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II, AUSTRALIA,” 1 oz 9999 Ag,” the face value of 1 Dollar, and the release date.
With this being the second edition of Perth’s extremely popular Rectangular Dragon, coupled with the reduction of the mintage in half to only 250,000 ‑ you should act quickly to reserve your desired quantity!
- 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Rectangular Dragon.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Second edition of Perth Mint rectangular bullion coin.
- Limited mintage of 250,000!
- Face value $1 (AUD).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the new Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, the face value, release date.
- Reverse: Features a highly-stylized scene of a fierce, magnificent dragon rising ever higher into the sky, grasping for the coveted flaming pearl. The Perth Mint “P” mintmark is also displayed.