2019 Silver 1 oz Canada Predator Grizzly
The fourth coin release of the Canadian Predator series features the Grizzly. The grizzly bear represents a fierce side of the Canadian wilderness. Its massive bulk, with the natural ability to take down any prey it sets it eyes on, strikes fear among men. Indeed, the grizzly’s fearlessness when sensing threat certainly merits the caution humans normally exercise when in “bear territory.” Nevertheless, the grizzly is also a magnificent animal, which fills a unique role within the wilderness ecology it inhabits. This is certainly true of the Canadian wilderness, where its presence has helped to maintain balance among the many species of animals of the area.
The obverse displays the right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Susanna Blunt in 2003. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D.G. REGINA” along with the year and 5 Dollar face value.
The reverse design’s attention to detail in the presentation of this amazing animal is stunning! The bear is shown rearing up from all fours, to a more upright position. It appears to be lunging forward in a full growl with claws ready. This 2019 Silver 1 oz Canada Predator Grizzly features a very active scene and is a truly stunning coin, worthy of the series.
Renowned Canadian artist, Emily Damstra, was commissioned by the Royal Canadian Mint to create a unique design that would capture the fierce magnificence of this wild creature. The coin’s design is an incredibly fine action scene, with a fearful depiction of a grizzly. Displayed in a forward lunge, the bear closes on his prey, he exposes his terrifying teeth while roaring deeply.
The design exposes the wildness of the grizzly, while also capturing with fine detail the animal’s natural beauty. From the detail of its thick fur to the intense focus reveled in his face, we get a glimpse into the Canadian wilderness. This is an amazing coin, that will most certainly be welcomed by collectors and investors alike.
- 2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Predator Grizzly.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Protected by MintShield.
- Obverse: Displays the right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Susanna Blunt in 2003. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D.G. REGINA” along with the release year, 2019 and 5 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Features a fiercely-detailed design of the powerful grizzly, quickly closing in on its intended prey. Inscriptions include “CANADA” and the 9999 purity at the top rim. At the bottom rim is displayed “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR” and the artist’s initials. Also included are the distinctive security features of the background precision engraved radial lines and the micro-engraved maple privy, with the 2-digit year displayed.
- $5 face value
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.