2019 China 1 oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar Restrike PU
Like the phoenix image this stunning new release bears, the 2019 China 1 oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar Restrike PU (Premium Uncirculated) coin has risen from the ashes! Patterned after the original 1923 Chinese Silver Dragon & Phoenix dollars, with a very limited mintage of only 5,000, this coin is sure to be a hit with collectors worldwide. Don’t delay! Reserve your 2019 1 oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar Restrike PU coin today.
The story of the 2019 China 1 oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar Restrike dates back to 1923. The original 1923 Chinese Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar was a silver coin first issued for general circulation currency by China and Japan in their own countries. Later, Korea followed the same practice. These Silver Dragon coins were often referred to as Dragon dollars. Of course, the history of Far East Trade dollars extended much further back, to the 16th century Silver Spanish dollar, more popularly referred to as Dragon Silver.
This magnificent coin, with its exquisite detail and stunning imagery, is the third coin in the 8-coin series featuring China’s most valuable vintage coins. The obverse prominently displays in the center field the Twelve Symbols China’s national emblem. To its right stands the dragon and the phoenix to the left. Their gaze is fixed upon the flaming pearl suspended between them. The Chinese inscription, (reading from left to right) translates as “CREATED IN THE 12th YEAR OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA.” A fine, decorative border encircles the rim, adding a very distinctive touch.
The reverse features the large Wreath of Grain, filling nearly the entire field. Within the center is displayed the One Dollar denomination in the two Chinese characters. As with the obverse, the distinctive decorative border encircles the rim. Also, this will be the first time ever that the China Mint employs edge-lasering, displaying the release year, weight, and 999 silver purity.
Don’t let history pass you by! With a limited mintage of only 5,000, this coin will not last long. Reserve your 2019 China 1 oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar Restrike PU today!
- 2019 China 1 oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix Dollar Restrike PU.
- Third release in 8-coin series featuring China’s most valuable vintage coins.
- Very limited mintage of only 5,000.
- China Mint’s first ever use of edge-lasering, displaying release year, weight, and purity.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Individual coins come in a mint-issued capsule.
- Obverse: Features a dragon and phoenix along with the national emblem of the Twelve Symbols. Inscriptions in Chinese characters, include “CREATED IN THE 12TH YEAR OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA.”
- Reverse: displays the Wreath of Grain and the Chinese characters for “ONE DOLLAR.”
- Minted in Shanghai.