2019 Austria Knights Tales Adventure 1/2 oz Silver Proof (Colorized)
BOLD Precious Metals is extremely pleased to make available to you this incredibly well-produced set being released one coin at a time by the Austrian Mint ‑ Knights Tales. The set will ultimately contain 5 distinctively unique coin designs. Each will present one of the five principle pillars of knighthood the Knights of the Middle Ages were sworn to uphold; Chivalry, Adventure, Courage, Fortitude, and Brotherhood. This 2019 Austria Knights Tales Adventure 1/2 oz Silver Proof (Colorized) edition is a stunning example of the mint’s commitment to excellence in design and production.
Following the highly praised inaugural release of Knights Tales Chivalry, featuring Maximilian I, we now come to the second release, highlighting the virtue of Adventure, featuring Godfrey of Bouillon.
Godfrey of Bouillon ‑ Spirit of Adventure
As noted by the mint,
- “Godfrey of Bouillon was one of the leaders of the First Crusade. Considered a chaste and daring knight whose victories were romanticised during his lifetime, Godfrey epitomised the spirit of adventure, the theme of the superb second coin in the swashbuckling Knights Tales series, in which we travel back in time to a bygone age of knightly virtues.
Having joined the First Crusade in 1095, at the request of Pope Urban II, Godfrey and the army of crusaders traveled along the Rhine and Danube rivers, taking different routes to get to Constantinople, where they reunited. The talk was of an army of 50,000 men, among them 7,000 knights. After three long, harsh years, the rest of the crusaders finally made it to Jerusalem in the summer of 1099. Following a month-long siege, they conquered the Jerusalem Citadel. The first ruler of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, Godfrey of Bouillon died in Jerusalem in 1100.
The cross of Jerusalem features in the centre of the coin’s obverse, both on a coat of arms and on the chest of Godfrey of Bouillon, who is holding a battle axe and wearing a helmet, chainmail and other armour as if ready for battle. The coin’s reverse shows knighthood being conferred by a king to a kneeling squire in the form of the accolade, also known as the dubbing ceremony.”
The series of five Knights Tales 1/2 oz Silver Proof (Colorized) editions will together honor the heroic values by which knights lived their lives. Each arrives in an attractive case with CoA. However, they are intended to be displayed together in a distinctive, specially designed wooden presentation case (purchase separately). To complete the Adventure release set, be sure to order the Special Uncirculated and Copper editions along with this Colorized Proof!
- 2019 Austria Knights Tales Adventure 1/2 oz Silver Proof (Colorized).
- Second Silver Colorized Proof edition release of the the Knights Tales 5-coin Set.
- Comes packaged in a finely-designed red case and includes a Certificate of Authenticity card.
- Contains 1/2 oz .925 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 30,000.
- Obverse: Features a stunning portrait of Godfrey of Bouillon, one of the leaders of the First Crusade. Positioned to the left, Godfrey is depicted in full armor, with a raised battle axe in his right hand. In the background, is stone wall. To the right, his coat of arms features the colorized image of the cross of Jerusalem held by a stunning depiction of a unicorn. Inscriptions include “10 EURO” at the top rim, and “REPUBLIK OSTERREICH 2019” at the bottom.
- Reverse: Depicts a knighthood being conferred by a king to a kneeling squire in the form of the accolade, also known as the dubbing ceremony.
- Legal tender in Austria, face value of 10 (EUR).
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.