2019 2 oz Silver Canada Orca Whale
The Royal Canadian Mint is well-known for their depictions of native wildlife on bullion coins. This 2019 Silver Canada Orca Whale 2 oz coin is a great example of their innovative design work. Although maintaining the same diameter as that of the 1 oz Maple Leaf, the hefty 2 oz weight is in a piedfort format similar to the popular Queen’s Beast series from Britain’s Royal Mint.
The perspective of the coin is that of a portal, with half of the view above the water and half below. Above the waves you see the backdrop of the hilly shoreline with the dorsal fin of the orca arching above the surface of the ocean water. Below the waves you see the familiar body of the orca in motion. This split view is remarkable and looks especially striking in hand! Be sure to add the CoinSafe 39mm 2 oz Capsule to protect the beauty of your new Orca coin!
- Contains 2 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and 10 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays a beautiful and remarkable design of a Orca whale breaching the ocean surface. Also included are the coin’s weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the Orca is “Canada 2019.” The Maple Leaf security privy mark with “19” is also displayed.
- $10 face value
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips. Multiples of 10 come in plastic tubes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.