2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala Space Blue
This brand new offering of a remarkably stunning, 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Koala Space Blue galvanic-plated BU coin will surprise you with how it brings out the detail of the coin’s iconic design elements.
It is also one of a 2019 8-coin Space Blue set that will include 2019 1 oz American Silver Eagle, Silver Britannia, Maple Leaf, Koala, Panda (30g), Kangaroo, Kookaburra, and Philharmonic. With an extremely limited mintage of only 500 of each coin edition for world-wide distribution, plus the inclusion of a special capsule and a serialized Certificate of Authenticity, we recommend that you act quickly!
Galvanic Plated Coating
The Space Blue coating on this Australia Perth Silver Koala BU coin greatly enhances the iconic beauty of the coin’s design. The color does not conceal any aspect of the design, as the special galvanic-plating process results in a transparent color surface that allows every detail of the coin to shine through, including the underlying mirror surface. The resulting effect produces a truly unique presentation of the Australia Silver Koala! You might find it interesting to know that the same talent that produced the highly-acclaimed Germania Space Blue silver round also was enlisted for this series.
Silver Australia Koala
Perth Mint’s Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife. With each release a uniquely new koala scene is featured, and this 2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala is a wonderful example!
New for 2019
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. New for 2019, the obverse introduces the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. She also wears the stunning Royal Diamond Diadem, the same she wore at her coronation. This is a very lovely and graceful pose. This new effigy is certain to be well received. Inscriptions within the wide rim-band include “ELIZABETH II . AUSTRALIA . 1 DOLLAR.”
For 2019, the new reverse design leverages a mix of both frosted and brilliant design elements to bring out a nice sense of depth to the scene. The single koala is relaxing on a branch of a eucalyptus tree, with gum leaves from overhead branches rustling in the background. The koala’s full-body display shows it grasping the limb with all four paws. Its alert gaze is fixed just off to its right. The overall scene is very nicely presented and, of course the koala is adorable! This 2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala will certainly grace your growing collection!
- 2019 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala Space Blue.
- Special Space Blue galvanic plating added to both obverse and reverse.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver BU.
- Housed in a special capsule and includes serialized COA.
- Limited mintage of only 500 world-wide distribution.
- Obverse: New for 2019, the obverse features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s 2016 5th official effigy. Stunning Space Blue galvanic plating applied.
- Reverse: Displays an adorable, full-body presentation of a single koala resting upon a eucalyptus tree branch. Also included are the inscriptions “Australian Koala,” the date, coin’s weight and purity, and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark. Stunning Space Blue galvanic plating applied.