2019 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf Space Blue
This brand new offering of a remarkably stunning, 2019 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf Space Blue galvanic-plated BU coin will surprise you with how it brings out the detail of the coin’s iconic design elements.
It is also one of a 2019 8-coin Space Blue set that will include 2019 1 oz American Silver Eagle, Silver Britannia, Maple Leaf, Koala, Panda (30g), Kangaroo, Kookaburra, and Philharmonic. With an extremely limited mintage of only 500 of each coin edition for world-wide distribution, plus the inclusion of a special capsule and a serialized Certificate of Authenticity, we recommend that you act quickly!
Galvanic Plated Coating
The Space Blue coating on this Canada Silver Maple Leaf BU coin greatly enhances the iconic beauty of the coin’s design. The color does not conceal any aspect of the design, as the special galvanic-plating process results in a transparent color surface that allows every detail of the coin to shine through, including the underlying mirror surface. The resulting effect produces a truly unique presentation of the Canada Silver Maple Leaf! You might find it interesting to know that the same talent that produced the highly-acclaimed Germania Space Blue silver round also was enlisted for this series.
The Canada Silver Maple Leaf
Since its introduction in 1988, the iconic Silver Maple Leaf (SML) has been an extremely popular Royal Canadian Mint bullion investment coin. This 2019 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf is minted with 1 troy ounce of .9999 fine silver. With a face value of $5, it is the highest face value on the market for any comparable silver bullion coin. All Silver Maple Leaf Bullion coins produced from 2014 forward have unique features for enhanced security.
- 2019 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf Space Blue.
- Special Space Blue galvanic plating added to both obverse and reverse.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver in BU condition.
- Housed in a special capsule and includes serialized COA.
- Limited mintage of only 500 world-wide distribution.
- Includes MINTSHIELD™ the first proven solution for reducing white spots on silver bullion coins!
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Unique security features.
- Obverse: Displays the beautiful right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II” along with the release year and face value. Stunning Space Blue galvanic plating applied.
- Reverse: Features a large, finely detailed maple leaf with distinctive precision-engraved radial lines filling the background. Inscriptions include “CANADA” proudly arched above the maple leaf. Also displayed is “FINE SILVER” in English and French, the weight and the .9999 purity. A micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark is positioned to the right of the leaf stem. The last two digits of the mint year are displayed in the privy center. Stunning Space Blue galvanic plating applied.
- $5 face value.
The Canada Silver Maple Leaf (SML) continues to be one of the most highly sought-after bullion investment coins in the world. The standard annual releases are struck in .9999 fine silver at 1 troy ounce. All Silver Maple Leaf’s produced from 2014 forward have unique features for enhanced security, also increasing their global popularity.
The Silver Maple Leaf is not only held for its investment value. This beautiful bullion coin is also followed by collectors of fine bullion coins. With each annual release, collectors quickly add to their SML holdings. The coin’s simple elegance proudly presents a stunning and iconic emblem of Canada, the maple leaf.
Unique Security Features
The first security feature includes a small textured maple leaf, micro-engraved with laser technology on the reverse side. It displays the last two digits of the release year.
A second visual security feature includes the radial lines in the Silver Maple Leaf’s field. They have been precisely machined to within microns on the master tooling to ensure reproducibility from die to die and coin to coin. The uniqueness of the line width and pitch gives a characteristic look, creating a light-diffracting pattern specific to this coin. These features combined represent the true cutting-edge of coin security.
A third security feature is now available for both the silver and gold Maple Leaf’s. Marketed by RCM as, “Bullion DNA™,” this feature provides a near instantaneous authentication of individual Maple Leaf’s that have the micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark. As described by the mint:
- “Every die used to produce the Gold and Silver Maple Leaf coins is laser micro-engraved with an anti-counterfeiting security mark: a textured maple leaf. Our registration process ‑ digital non-destructive activation (DNA) technology ‑ captures images encrypted with a string of code, and stores these in our secure database. Using the specialised device, approved Bullion DNA™ dealers can easily verify the authenticity of registered Gold and Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins in three easy steps.”