2019 1 oz Silver Britannia Space Blue
This brand new offering of a remarkably stunning, 2019 1 oz Silver Britannia Space Blue galvanic-plated BU coin will surprise you with how it brings out the detail of the coin’s iconic design elements.
It is also one of a 2019 8-coin Space Blue set that will include 2019 1 oz American Silver Eagle, Silver Britannia, Maple Leaf, Koala, Panda (30g), Kangaroo, Kookaburra, and Philharmonic. With an extremely limited mintage of only 500 of each coin edition for world-wide distribution, plus the inclusion of a special capsule and a serialized Certificate of Authenticity, we recommend that you act quickly!
Galvanic Plated Coating
The Space Blue coating on this 1 oz Great Britain Silver Britannia BU coin greatly enhances the iconic beauty of the coin’s design. The color does not conceal any aspect of the design, as the special galvanic-plating process results in a transparent color surface that allows every detail of the coin to shine through, including the underlying mirror surface. The resulting effect produces a truly unique presentation of the Great Britain Silver Britannia! You might find it interesting to know that the same talent that produced the highly-acclaimed Germania Space Blue silver round also was enlisted for this series.
Great Britain Silver Britannia
This 2019 1 oz Silver Britannia contains one troy ounce of .999 fine silver, the purest of silver released by the Royal Mint. The obverse displays the new, right‑facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, introduced in 2016, and designed by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
This was quite an honor for the artist, as this is only the fifth such portrait to be introduced into British coinage. Interestingly, he submitted his design anonymously in a competition. In Clark’s own words, “I wanted to make her look less stern, to give her a slightly warmer expression. I hope she thinks it is a fitting and accurate representation.”
The reverse was also updated in 2017, still featuring the helmeted Lady Britannia. She stands with a trident grasped in one hand to defend the seas. In the other, she holds a shield, graced with the image of Great Britain’s flag, ready to defend the realm. As a symbol of strength and integrity, Britannia has for centuries been featured on British coinage. She is encircled with the inscriptions, “BRITANNIA 2019 1 oz 999 FINE SILVER.” A finely‑engraved radial sunburst pattern fills the background. This not only adds a very attractive texture, but also anti‑counterfeiting security.
- 2019 1 oz Silver Britannia Space Blue.
- Special Space Blue galvanic plating added to both obverse and reverse.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Housed in a special capsule and includes serialized COA.
- Limited mintage of only 500 world-wide distribution.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the Royal Mint’s new guilloché security pattern. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D.” and the 2 pounds face value. Stunning Space Blue galvanic plating applied.
- Reverse: Features the helmeted Lady Britannia, standing with a trident grasped in one hand and a shield in the other. A radial sunburst security pattern fills the background. Stunning Space Blue galvanic plating applied.
- 2 pound face value.
- Anti‑counterfeiting security background patterns on obverse and reverse.
- The Silver Britannia series was introduced in 1997, adopting the same design as the gold issue.
- New portrait introduced in 2016 of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark.
- Addition in 2017 of a new finely engraved, radial sunburst security feature to the reverse.
- Addition in 2018 of a distinctive new obverse background security feature, the Royal Mint’s new guilloché pattern.