2019 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Equilibrium Reverse Proof
This 2019 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Equilibrium Reverse Proof edition from the New Zealand territory of Tokelau features a very intriguing subject, as well as an incredibly stunning design! The second release in the Equilibrium series, the focus centers upon the topic of genetic engineering. As with the first release of 2018, the overall theme of the series considers the necessary harmony that must be maintained between technological advances and nature.
Butterfly in Balance
The obverse displays a very distinctive design fitting well into the coin’s theme. The Iran Rank-Broadly effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is in the coin’s center inset with inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II” encircling the top, and “TOKELAU” at the bottom. Within the rim-band at the top are the inscriptions “1 oz FINE SILVER 999” and at the bottom “5 DOLLARS.” Also depicted in the rim-band is a stylized DNA string.
The reverse features a remarkably stylized image of a butterfly, integrating the balancing yin-yang elements into its pair of wings. Its head is also represented by the yin-yang symbol, while its segmented body displays a DNA double helix coil. The background on either side of the butterfly’s wings portrays lines of code representing Human genome Chromosome 1. Above and below the wings display very fine lines, emanating from the coin’s center to the rim. Inscriptions include, “EQUILIBRIUM” encircling the top rim, and “2019” at the bottom.
This beautifully designed 2019 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Equilibrium Reverse Proof edition represents an extremely timely theme. Considering this being the second annual release of an on-going Tokelau series with a very limited mintage of only 10,000, you really should not delay.
- 2019 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Equilibrium Reverse Proof.
- Stunning, Reverse Proof finish.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Limited mintage of 10,000.
- Obverse: Displays the Iran Rank-Broadly effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in the coin’s center inset. with inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II” at the top, and “TOKELAU” at the bottom. Within the rim-band is depicted a stylized DNA string. Also included, “1 oz FINE SILVER TOKELAU.”
- Reverse: Features a stylized image of a butterfly, integrating the balancing yin-yang elements into its pair of wings. Its head is also represented by the yin-yang symbol, while its segmented body displays a DNA double helix coil.
As introduced by Tokelau,
“Scientists around the world are already using gene editing to treat disease, modify plants and animals, and even create designer babies. These techniques have the potential to revolutionise medicine, end starvation, save endangered species or just change colour of a butterfly wing. It holds great promise, but also poses a great danger of irreversible harms to the health of future generations, opens doors to new forms of social inequality, discrimination and conflict. Recently, genetic engineering was used for human genome DNA modification, a critical milestone has been reached. In 2019, the series of Equilibrium coins are acknowledging the importance of responsible use of the power of gene editing in order to safeguard the balance between technological achievements and natural genetic code.”