2019 5 oz Silver Tuvalu Dragon Antiqued Colored Proof
Building on the phenomenal (sell-out) success of the 2018 5 oz Tuvalu Antique Dragon edition, Perth Mint, in association with Tuvalu, invites you gaze upon this beauty! Brand new for 2019, the incredibly active dragon design bursts forth in flames! This 2019 5 oz Silver Tuvalu Dragon Antiqued Colored Proof edition again, breaks through the crowd, this time with a colorized flaming pearl.
The Color of a Flaming Pearl
The obverse displays an incredibly fine-detailed image of the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The antiquing integrated into her portrait provides a very nice sense of depth, and brings out the exceptionally fine detail. Her image is encircled by a very fine line, creating the center inset field. The background antiquing is applied in brush-strokes, lighter than the reverse. Encircling the rim-less design are the inscriptions, “QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 5 oz 9999 SILVER . 2019 . 5 DOLLARS.”
This powerful high-relief dragon engraving on the reverse is startling in its depth and detail. Unencumbered by the rimless coin design, the full power of this creature is on full display. The masterful antiquing produces deep shadows and pristine highlights that bring this dragon to life before your very eyes! Then, there is the Flaming Pearl; ever-elusive, and just out of reach of the dragon’s grasp throughout the timeless ages. The added colorization of the pearl is every bit as masterfully applied as the antique finish. Accenting the over all design is the Chinese character for “dragon” inscribed upon the face of the Flaming Pearl.
This 2019 5 oz Silver Tuvalu Dragon Antiqued Colored Proof is truly a masterful creation. Each detail of both the design and the coin’s production is impeccable. This is the dragon you simply must have!A word of caution, though…with only 388 coins minted for 2019, you have far less time than an exhale before you forever miss this elusive dragon’s flaming pearl! Also, the coin comes housed in an attractive, clam-shell display case, within an illustrated shipper, and a serialized COA.
- 2019 5 oz Silver Tuvalu Dragon Antiqued Colored Proof.
- Limited mintage capped at 388 coins! Breath, and you will miss your opportunity…
- Masterfully antiqued finish and spot-colorized.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver in Proof condition.
- Produced by Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- Obverse: Displays Ian Rank-Broadley’s right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 5 oz 9999 Ag 2019 . TUVALU $5 DOLLAR”.
- Reverse: Features a powerful, high-relief rimless dragon engraving, highlighted by a masterfully applied antique finish, and accented with a colorized flaming pearl.
- Singles arrive in a display case with a numbered Certificate of Authentication.
- $5 face value, legal tender in Tuvalu.