2020 British Music Legends Elton John 1oz Silver Proof
BOLD is very pleased to present this second release of The Royal Mint’s spectacular new series, British Music Legends. This stunning 2020 British Music Legends Elton John 1oz Silver Proof coin celebrates the artist’s remarkable contribution to Pop music. And what a stellar legacy this superstar has built through his incredible musical gifts and magical stage presence!
Elton John ‑ Stellar Legacy
As noted by The Royal Mint,
“Pop music has been one of the United Kingdom’s most successful exports in recent decades, influencing people and cultures all over the world. In 2020 The Royal Mint is celebrating some of the country’s most important artists ‑ individuals and bands who have helped shape our love of music. No such collection would make sense without the inclusion of Elton John, the superstar who has been delighting fans for more than half a century.”
Based upon a design competition organized by The Royal Mint, artist Bradley Morgan Johnson’s entry was selected as the concept design of the upcoming coin. Seeing the results of his remarkable artistic genius, Johnson was clearly the man with just the right gifting and talents. Bringing together several elements that, over the decades had become iconic emblems of Elton’s style and legacy, this coin design would immediately be recognizable as representing Elton John (even without his name engraved). Bradley indicated that he chose to base his design on Elton John’s “I’m Still Standing” era. The selective colorization masterfully highlights the design!
As a legal tender offering by the UK, the obverse of the coin displays the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “2 POUNDS . 2020 . ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D.”
Again noted by The Royal Mint,
“In creating a design to celebrate Elton John, Bradley first had to come up with a way to represent the music legend without actually showing him, as tradition dictates that the portrait of a living person ‑ apart from the reigning monarch and members of the Royal Family ‑ should not appear on a coin. Cleverly, Bradley used musical notes to create an image of music-note glasses and a straw boater’s hat, inspired by one of Elton John’s most iconic looks, and a Union flag background punctuates the design; it is unmistakably Elton John.”
- 2020 British Music Legends Elton John 1oz Silver Proof.
- Second release of new Royal Mint series: British Music Legends.
- Very limited maximum mintage of 10,000, of which only 7,500 are being released in Limited Edition packaging.
- Contains 1 oz .999 fine silver in stunning Proof condition.
- Coin comes in an elegant collector case and includes a themed shipper box.
- Obverse: As a UK legal tender release, the coin displays the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “2 POUNDS . 2020 . ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D.”
- Reverse: Features a selectively colorized stylistic design of several style elements that have become iconic emblems recognized as representing Elton John. The single inscription displays Elton John’s name.