2020 1/2 oz Silver Proof British Music Legends Queen
The Royal Mint is very pleased to present this first release of a brand new series. This stunning 2020 1/2 oz Silver Proof British Music Legends Queen coin headlines what will be a stellar lineup of legendary British musicians. We are really excited to see Queen chosen as the first feature!
Queen ‑ Enduring Legacy
As noted by The Royal Mint,
“Emerging from the hard rock scene of the early 1970s, Queen developed a unique sound and theatrical stage presence that propelled them to global stardom. Loved by legions of loyal fans all over the world, almost 50 years after the classic line up came together, new artists continue to be inspired by the band’s enduring legacy.
This coin is the first in a new series celebrating British Music Legends. It features a brand new design by Chris Facey showcasing the iconic instruments of all four founder members: Brian May’s Red Special guitar, John Deacon’s Fender Precision Bass, Roger Taylor’s Ludwig bass drum and Freddie Mercury’s Bechstein grand piano with the opening notes of Bohemian Rhapsody pressed down.”
This iconic design was officially approved by Roger Taylor and Brian May. With this historic release, it is the first time that a British band has ever been featured on a UK legal tender coin. Maximum mintage for this 1/2 oz Proof Limited Edition release is only 17,500 for worldwide distribution.
- 2020 1/2 oz Silver Proof British Music Legends Queen.
- Inaugural release of new Royal Mint series: British Music Legends.
- Very limited mintage of only 17,500 of Limited Edition release for global distribution!
- Contains 1/2 oz .999 fine silver in Proof condition.
- Design officially approved by Roger Taylor and Brian May.
- Obverse: As a UK legal tender release, the coin displays the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “1 POUND . 2020 . ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D.”
- Reverse: Features the musical instruments of the four original band members along with the signature microphone stick used by Freddie Mercury. Also included is “QUEEN” and the band’s logo displayed. The final touch of the design is included on the piano keyboard, which depicts the opening notes of Bohemian Rhapsody as though pressed.
- Reeded edge.
- Coin comes encased in a printed acrylic block that creates the effect of vintage vinyl and includes a booklet. A very nice illustrated outer shipper is also included.