2020 2 oz Silver Queens Beasts White Horse of Hanover
The Royal Mint has once again proven its impeccable dedication to producing British coinage that faithfully represents the nation’s rich heritage. Ninth in the immensely popular ten‑coin Queen’s Beasts series, The White Horse of Hanover was designed for the British Royal Mint by the highly respected engraver, Jody Clark. As with the eight previous releases, the intricate detail captured on the image is truly awesome! This magnificent 2020 2 oz Silver Queens Beasts White Horse of Hanover contributes greatly to the centuries of British heritage represented in the 10 original painted plaster statues of 1953.
Minted in high-relief with highest purity and 2 oz weight, this silver bullion coin series has become a highly treasured favorite among collectors and precious metals investors worldwide. The coin’s obverse displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the 5 pounds face value. Quite interestingly, the Queen’s portrait was also designed by Jody Clark and adopted into British coinage since 2016. The background pattern features the Royal Mint’s guilloché texture design.
The Heraldic White Horse of Hanover
The image of the White Horse of Hanover is distinctively presented with the remarkable strength of the heraldic beast. Depicted rearing up, this magnificent beast’s powerful muscular bulk overpowers the coin’s center field. With its handsome mane wildly tossed, this awesome design is truly worthy of its heraldry. The heraldic shield is proudly displayed before the image of this powerful White Horse of Hanover. A stunning chainmail pattern fills the background. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, “WHITE HORSE OF HANOVER . 2 OZ . FINE SILVER 999 . 2020.”
- 2020 2 oz Silver Queen’s Beasts White Horse of Hanover.
- Ninth edition of a series of ten coins.
- Contains 2 troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Struck in stunning high-relief in BU condition.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the Royal Mint’s stunning guilloché obverse pattern. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II . D. G. REG. F. D.” and the 5 pounds face value.
- Reverse: Features the heraldic detailed image representing the White Horse of Hanover, against a chainmail background. Also included are the issue date, and the coin’s weight and purity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
The Queen’s Beasts are ten heraldic statues depicting the genealogy of Queen Elizabeth II. The statues were created by the British sculptor, James Woodford in 1953 for the Queen’s coronation, and temporarily set up in front of the western annex to Westminster Abbey, the coronation church of the British monarchy. Today, the almost 2‑meter high painted plaster figures are on display in the Canadian Museum of History in Ottawa.