2020 2 oz Silver $10 Canada Goose Piedfort
This beautifully elegant Canada Goose image, was originally designed by Canadian artist, Alex Colville. The design appeared on the 1967 Canadian Silver Dollar, released in celebration of the Canadian Centennial, marking the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Confederation. We are extremely pleased to see the Canada Goose reintroduced on this stunning 2020 2 oz Silver $10 Canada Goose Piedfort coin.
Elegance in Flight ‑ Canada Goose
The Canada Goose is featured as an internationally recognized Canadian emblem. It is said that, as a national emblem, the Canada Goose represents the nation's bravery, loyalty, confidence, protection, and determination. This made it the perfect choice as the featured coin marking the 1967 Canadian Centennial. Today, we celebrate the fresh opportunity to treasure that same beauty and elegance with this new 2020 2 oz Silver $10 Canada Goose Piedfort coin. Being a double-thick piedfort style coin greatly adds to the distinctiveness of this remarkable new release.
As a legal tender offering by the Royal Canadian Mint, the obverse displays the right-facing effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, created by Susan Blunt. Inscriptions include "ELIZABETH II . 10 DOLLARS . 2020."
The reverse features a right-facing profile of a Canada Goose in flight. Its large wings are thrust down, revealing sleekness of its body and the fine detail of the image. As displayed, it is the mirror-image of Alex Colville's original work. Inscriptions include, "CANADA" at the top, "9999" duplicated left and right horizontally under the image, and "FINE SILVER 2 OZ ARGENT PUR" at the bottom. Also included as a security feature, is the micro-engraved laser maple leaf privy that displays the last two digits of the release year in the center.
This brand new, limited mintage, double-thick 2020 2 oz Silver $10 Canada Goose Piedfort release by the Canadian Royal Mint will be a true treasure to display among your most appreciated pieces!
- 2020 2 oz Silver $10 Canada Goose Piedfort.
- Contains 2 oz of 9999 Fine Silver.
- Piedfort style double-thickness.
- Featured image design originally introduced on 1967 Canadian Silver Dollar.
- Very limited mintage of 100,000 coins.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Obverse: displays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II created by Susan Blunt. Inscriptions include "ELIZABETH II . 10 DOLLARS . 2020.".
- Reverse: features a right-facing profile of a Canada Goose in flight. Original image design originally displayed on 1967 Canadian dollar issued in celebration of Canada's Centennial. Inscriptions include ":CANADA": at the top, "9999" duplicated left and right horizontally under the goose image, and "FINE SILVER 2 OZ ARGENT PUR."
- Canadian legal tender of $10.