2020 Gold 1/10 oz Australia Perth Kookaburra 30th Anniversary
From its introduction in 1990 to present, the global popularity of the Australia Perth Kookaburra silver bullion coin has been remarkable! Now celebrating its 30th anniversary edition release, we join in the excitement with our hearty congratulations. Every year, anticipation builds as each new release date approaches. This 2020 Gold 1/10 oz Australia Perth Kookaburra 30th Anniversary edition is a very fitting tribute to 3 decades of Australian kookaburra excellence!
The obverse features the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. This is a very lovely and graceful pose. This new effigy is certain to be well received. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “15 DOLLARS” at the bottom.
The reverse features the original kookaburra design created by artist, Stuart Devlin. This iconic design displays the kookaburra perched upon a tree stump, with native foliage providing a nice touch. This very special nostalgic scene is a fitting tribute to three decades of excellence as well as a celebration of many more to come. Inscriptions within the rim-band include, “AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA” encircling the top, and “2019 . 1/10 oz 9999 GOLD . 2020” at the bottom.
- 2020 Gold 1/10 oz Australia Perth Kookaburra 30th Anniversary.
- Contains: 1/10 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver BU.
- Extremely limited Mintage of only 15,000.
- Obverse: Features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s 2016 6th official effigy.
- Reverse: Depicts the original kookaburra design created by artist, Stuart Devlin. Inscriptions include “AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA” encircling the top, and “2019 . 1/10 oz 9999 GOLD . 2020” at the bottom.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Packaged individually in a mint-issued capsule.
First released in 1990, the Kookaburra series has been an overwhelming success in popularity. The series was the first from Perth Mint to feature a new reverse design each year. This is also Perth’s longest running series. The Kookaburra maintains a growing a worldwide following, and popularity increases with each release. The upgrade to .9999 silver purity beginning with the 2018 release resulted in an even greater boost to both popularity and sales.