2020 2oz Australia Figure Eight Dragon and Phoenix Antique Silver
This incredibly stunning coin brings the timeless theme of the eternal dance of the dragon and phoenix into the setting of a highly unique silver bullion coin. The 2020 2oz Australia Figure Eight Dragon and Phoenix Antique Silver coin will surprise you with the magnificence of its design excellence. Constrained within the bounds of a figure eight shaped coin base, even the numeral 8 speaks of prosperity. And when viewed from another vantage, represents the symbol for Infinity!
As noted by the mint,
“In traditional Chinese culture, the dragon is revered as a divine creature and potent symbol of power, strength, wealth and good fortune. The phoenix is regarded as an immortal bird whose rare appearance is believed to foreshadow harmony. In feng shui, the dragon and the phoenix are considered perfect matches for one another. The phoenix is considered ‘yin’ while the dragon is ‘yang’ in the Chinese philosophical account of natural balance and interdependence.”
“When laid on its side, the figure eight resembles the mathematical symbol for infinity, which is an important principle in feng shui. Used to create a mystic knot, the infinity shape denotes unending prosperity and abundance. Combined with other symbols the mystic knot ensures the energy they attract will be never-ending, evoking love, wealth, protection and happiness.”
The obverse design is displayed as two rings, by the finely engraved concentric lines that fill the background of the top and bottom loops of the figure-8. The concentric lines overlap in the center of the 8, where is displayed the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be depicted on Australian coins, designed by Jody Clark. Inscriptions in the top loop include “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” and “2oz 9999 Ag 2020 2 DOLLARS” in the bottom loop. The antiquing is individually applied to each coin, resulting in a somewhat unique appearance to each.
Although the figure-8 coin base is both highly unique and even more so, perfectly fitting to represent the coin’s theme, the incredible artwork will be what truly strikes you the most. The reverse features the immortal phoenix rising from the right around the bottom loop of the figure 8, while the magnificent dragon descends from the left around the top loop, where the two meet in the middle. The detail of both the dragon and phoenix is striking, and the antiquing highlights every nuance of their eternal dance.
- 2020 2oz Australia Figure Eight Dragon and Phoenix Antique Silver.
- Produced by The Perth Mint.
- Very limited mintage of only 3,888 coins for worldwide distribution!
- Contains 2 troy ounces of 9999 fine silver.
- Each coin is individually antiqued on both obverse and reverse, resulting in somewhat of a unique appearance to each.
- Minted in the form of a figure 8.
- Obverse presents the latest effigy of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark. Inscriptions include at the top, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” and at the bottom, “2oz 9999 Ag 2020 2 DOLLARS.
- Reverse features the images of a dragon and a phoenix engaged in the eternal dance around the figure 8 symbol.
- Individual coin comes in a clear acrylic presentation case, which allows both sides to be displayed. It is packaged in an illustrated shipper, and accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.