2020 Tuvalu John Wayne 1/4 oz Gold Proof
Well, pilgrim, it looks like we have finally found a fine bullion coin worthy of bearing the name and likeness of the Duke himself, John Wayne. This brand new 2020 Tuvalu John Wayne 1/4 oz Gold Proof is produced by Australia Perth Mint for the island country of Tuvalu and officially licensed by John Wayne Enterprises, LLC. It is also the gold (non-colorized) companion coin to the 2020 1 oz Silver Tuvalu John Wayne Colorized Proof.
John Wayne ‑ American Legend
It is no stretch to acknowledge John Wayne as an American legend. He starred in no less than 140 movies, beginning with the 1930 hit, "The Big Trail." His final film was 46 years later, staring in one of his most acclaimed performances, "The Shootist."
The Duke ‑ Honored in Fine Bullion
As noted by the mint, "A symbol of courage, patriotism and honour, John Wayne remains one of the most celebrated actors of all time. The perfect collectible for his legions of fans around the world, this 1/4 oz gold coin depicts the beloved actor in his iconic cowboy hat as king of the westerns."
As a legal tender release by Tuvalu, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, "Queen Elizabeth II . 1/4 oz 9999 Au . 2020 . TUVALU . 25 DOLLAR."
The reverse features a remarkably detailed portrait of John Wayne. The rimband displays the single inscription at the top, "JOHN WAYNE" in a western-styled type. On either side a series of 5-pointed stars fill the balance of the band. The overall design is truly worthy of the legacy of John Wayne.
This very special, highly collectible gold proof bullion coin offering was produced with an extremely limited mintage of only 1,000 pieces for global distribution. Each coin comes in a branded timber display case within a themed shipper designed to emulate a leather satchel, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- 2020 Tuvalu John Wayne 1/4 oz Gold Proof.
- Produced by Australia Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- Officially licensed by John Wayne Enterprises, LLC.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 1,000 for global distribution!
- Contains 1/4 troy oz of 9999 Fine Gold.
- Obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include "Queen Elizabeth II . 1/4 oz 9999 Au . 2020 . TUVALU . 25 DOLLAR."
- Reverse features detailed portrait of John Wayne, pictured in his iconic cowboy hat and bandana against a rustic Western backdrop.
- Each coin comes in a branded timber display case within a themed shipper designed to emulate a leather satchel, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.