2020 Silver 1 oz Australia Lunar Mouse High Relief Proof
We are very excited to get a glimpse into the brand new Australia Perth Lunar Series III! Perth is clearly setting a new course for the style of the series with the release of the Year of the Mouse! After seeing the standard editions, this 2020 Silver 1 oz Australia Lunar Mouse High Relief Proof is definitely a great addition to the mix. Comparing this high relief proof to the standard 1 oz edition is remarkable! The standard release had a diameter of 45.6 mm and thickness of 2.6 mm. The high relief stacks up high, indeed! Its diameter is 32.6 mm and thickness of 6 mm. This new High Relief Proof offering will certainly stand out prominently in your collection.
The Year of the Mouse
Each year since 1995, Perth Mint has proudly offered a distinctive design represented by one of the 12 animals of the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2020 we celebrate the first animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac, the Year of the Mouse. This delightful 2020 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Lunar Mouse BU coin debuts the stunning, new Australian Perth Lunar Series III. This will most certainly be a treasured and valuable addition as it opens the door to a fresh and exciting new 12-year Lunar collection!
As noted by the mint, “Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar mouse in 2020, 2008, 1996, 1984, 1972 and every 12th preceding year are said to be smart, resourceful, adaptable and kind. Possessing a rich imagination and strong intuition, mice rely on quick wits and an enterprising nature to find opportunity for success in almost all endeavours.”
“In Chinese mythology, 12 animals raced each other across a fast-flowing river to win favour from the Jade Emperor. The shrewd mouse hitched a ride on the ox, leaping from its back to win the contest. For this it was rewarded as guardian of the first year in the ancient lunar calendar.”
The obverse for the series depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, and the (AU) face value. The reverse features a truly delightful scene of a pair of mice foraging among a couple of ears of corn. Inscriptions include the Chinese character for “mouse,” the English inscription “MOUSE 2020,” and the Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
This 2020 Silver 1 oz Australia Lunar Mouse High Relief Proof is a must-have to include in your Perth Lunar Series III set. With limited mintage of 3,888 you should not delay!
- 2020 Silver 1 oz Australia Lunar Mouse High Relief Proof.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Limited mintage of 3,888 worldwide distribution!
- New authentication feature on reverse that displays a micro-engraved letter within the design of the Year of the Mouse, visible only under magnification.
- Each comes in a classic display case with a clear lid. The case is packaged in a beautifully illustrated shipper and accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. When arranged together, the shippers of future coins in the Australian Lunar Series III will form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race involving all 12 animals.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a truly delightful scene of a pair of mice foraging among a couple of ears of corn. Inscriptions include the Chinese character for “mouse,” the English inscription “MOUSE 2020,” and the Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
Every year, the Australia Perth Lunar silver bullion coin series includes six size variations. Each year’s coin set portrays a wonderfully presented image of the animal representing that year and its Chinese pinyin character.
The Australian Lunar Series II sustained, strong collector and investor interest throughout its stellar 12-year run. This brand new Series III inaugural release introducing the next 12-year cycle is positioned to take a strong lead in the Lunar bullion market! Secure your selections while they are still available.