2020 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala (20 Coins)
Perth Mint’s Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife. With each release a uniquely new koala scene is featured, and this 2020 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Koala is a wonderful example!
New for 2020
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. The obverse displays the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be featured on Australian coins, introduced on the Koala series in 2019. The portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. She also wears the stunning Royal Diamond Diadem, the same she wore at her coronation. This is a very lovely and graceful pose. Inscriptions within the wide rim-band include “ELIZABETH II . AUSTRALIA . 1 DOLLAR.”
The new reverse design features an adorable, full-body depiction of a single koala clinging to the top of a eucalyptus tree branch. The presentation of the koala completely fills the scene, providing a nicely detailed view. Inscriptions include, “AUSTRALIAN KOALA,” the 2020, 1 oz 9999 SILVER.” Also included is the Perth Mint “P” mintmark. The overall scene is very nicely presented and, of course the koala is adorable! Ing Ing Jong is the design artist featured for this 2020 release. She has been very active with Perth Mint since 2011, including her work on the 2013 Lunar series. This 2020 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Koala will certainly grace your growing collection!
- 2020 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Koala (20 Coins).
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Displays the lovely 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II wearing her coronation diamond diadem.
- Reverse: Displays an adorable, full-body depiction of a single koala clinging to the top of a eucalyptus tree branch, providing a nicely detailed view. Inscriptions include, “AUSTRALIAN KOALA,” the date, coin’s weight and purity, and the Perth Mint “P” mintmark.
- Designer: Ing Ing Jong.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Limited mintage of only 300,000 coins.