2020 5oz Silver ATB Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park
The fourth offering of the five scheduled 2020 America the Beautiful 5 oz silver bullion coin releases features a highly recognized example of generational land stewardship. As introduced by the U.S. National Park Service, "Nestled among the rolling hills and pastures of eastern-central Vermont, the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park is the only national park to tell the story of conservation history and the evolving nature of land stewardship in America." This new 2020 5oz Silver ATB Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park Vermont bullion coin design is a wonderful tribute to the vital work of land conservation and stewardship as exemplified at this National Park.
Generational Land Stewardship
As further noted by the National Park Service, "Today, the park is a living symbol of three generations of conservationist thought and practice." Under the dedicated stewardship, first of the Marsh family, the 643 acres of beautiful forest was maintained with the greatest of care. George Perkins Marsh, who assumed the responsibility from his father, Charles, went on to develop and publish a land stewardship philosophy. The story continues as Frederick Billings takes on the task of ongoing management of the forest, while also starting a dairy farm, developing progressive techniques to ensure best practices of stewardship. Later, the Rockefeller family continued the evolution of land management, until the sale of the property to the Federal Government in preparation of the National Park System assuming responsibility in 1992.
Future in the Hands of the Young
The reverse design of this 2020 5oz Silver ATB Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park Vermont coin tells the story of generational land stewardship in a simple, yet wonderful scene. The story begins as we see a young girl kneeling at the base of large, mature tree, planting a small seedling. The girl is representative of the next generation picking up the task as the previous generation moves on. The sapling will take the place of the mature tree in its own time. Inscriptions include "MARSH-BILLINGS-ROCKEFELLER" at the top rim, and "VERMONT . 2020 . E PLURIBUS UNUM" at the bottom. As though hand-chiseled into the rock at the base of the old tree, the inscription reads, "LAND STEWARDSHIP." This is a very pleasing scene that you are sure to love! Common to the series, the obverse is a replica of the quarter, featuring the bust of George Washington. Incuse engraved on the rim is the 5oz weight and 999 fine purity.
Be sure to check out this National Park Service site for more info on the 2020 5oz Silver ATB Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park. Then, when your new coins arrive, make it a teachable moment with your kids. Never miss an opportunity to get your children involved!
- 2020 5oz Silver ATB Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park.
- Contains: 5 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- The largest silver bullion coins ever issued by the United States Mint.
- Design of the coins duplicates exactly (though enlarged) each of the America the Beautiful Quarters series.
- Obverse: Common to the entire series, depicting George Washington in a restored version of the portrait created by John Flanagan for the 1932 Washington quarter.
- Reverse: Features a young girl kneeling at the base of large, mature tree, planting a small seedling, representing the primary theme of this park, Generational Land Stewardship. Inscriptions include, "MARSH-BILLINGS-ROCKEFELLER . VERMONT . 2020 . E PLURIBUS UNUM . "LAND STEWARDSHIP."