2020 1/10 oz Silver Britannia
This 2020 1/10 oz Silver Britannia contains one tenth troy ounce of .999 fine silver, the purest of silver released by the Royal Mint. The obverse displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
The reverse was also updated in 2017, still featuring the helmeted Lady Britannia. She stands with a trident grasped in one hand to defend the seas. In the other, she holds a shield, graced with the image of Great Britain’s flag, ready to defend the realm. As a symbol of strength and integrity, Britannia has for centuries been featured on British coinage. She is encircled with the inscriptions, “BRITANNIA 2020 1/10 oz 999 FINE SILVER.” A finely-engraved radial sunburst pattern fills the background. This not only adds a very attractive texture, but also anti-counterfeiting security.
- 2020 1/10 oz Silver Britannia.
- Contains 1/10 troy oz of .999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the Royal Mint’s new guilloché security pattern. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D.” and the 20 pence face value.
- Reverse: Features the helmeted Lady Britannia, standing with a trident grasped in one hand and a shield in the other. A radial sunburst security pattern fills the background.
- 20 pence face value.
- Anti-counterfeiting security background patterns on obverse and reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
- The Silver Britannia series was introduced in 1997, adopting the same design as the gold issue.
- New portrait introduced in 2016 of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark.
- Addition in 2017 of a new finely engraved, radial sunburst security feature to the reverse.
- Addition in 2018 of a distinctive new obverse background security feature, the Royal Mint’s new guilloché pattern.