2020 Silver Somalia Elephant – 1 oz
This 2020 1 oz .999 fine silver Somalia Elephant coin is part of the African Wildlife series. As with each year since 2004, the obverse displays the shield of Somalia, which is the crowned coat of arms. Featuring two leopards, one standing erect on each side of the shield. Inscriptions include, “Somali Republic,” the year of release, and the face value of 100 shillings.
This year’s reverse design reflects the remarkable social nature of this massive, yet beautiful animal. Two adult elephants face each other, one clearly older than the other. The scene brings to mind the passing on of wisdom and experience from one generation of heard leaders to the next. Inscriptions include, “African Wildlife – Elephant,” the coin’s weight and purity. This 2020 Silver Somalia Elephant – 1 oz will certainly grace your growing fine bullion collection!
- 2020 Silver Somalia Elephant – 1 oz.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Features the shield of Somalia, which is a crowned coat of arms with a leopard standing erect on each side.
- Reverse: Displays a two elephants facing each other with Mount Kilimanjaro rising in the background between them.
- 100 shillings face value.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Multiples of 20 come in unsearched mint tubes.
The African Wildlife Elephant series is well established and highly popular worldwide. Its inaugural release was in 1999. Interestingly, the series began under the banner of the South African country, Zambia. Four annual releases were produced bearing the Coat of Arms of Zambia. In 2004, the series was shifted to the Somali Republic, and has continued under the Somali Coat of Arms since. Each year a brand new elephant design is featured on the coin’s reverse.
From the beginning, the series has been produced by one of Germany’s state-owned mints, Bavarian State Mint. The mint is globally recognized for their excellence in quality, which is certainly represented in the African Wildlife Elephant series.