2020 1oz Silver South Korea Taekwondo Proof
The Republic of Korea and KOMSCO take exceptional pleasure in announcing this second proof edition release in their Taekwondo series with this 2020 1oz Silver South Korea Taekwondo Proof offering. As amazing as their inaugural 2019 circular kick release was, this 2020, In your face knock-out punch takes the series to a completely new level. With the affect of this outstanding mix of frosted and brilliant, polished proof finishes, this new 2020 proof edition is truly magnificent!
This perspective-based action scene is unequaled in any recent martial arts themed bullion coin offerings of which we are aware. Every aspect of this design is spot-on regarding the power of the deep focus involved in Taekwondo. The fist-punch displayed did not originate in the passionate emotional response of the combatant depicted. One glance at his expression demonstrates the quiet spirit out of which the punch was being delivered. This is a remarkable step forward in this new series, and one we hope to see expanded on in the years to come!
The obverse is consistent with the series, presenting a beautiful and active scene, featuring a Yin Yang symbol on the left center of the design. The darkness of the Yin is textured by slightly-angled fine, horizontal lines against the frosted background. The lightness of the Yang is from an non-textured frosted fill. A circle-inset fills the head of the Yang with the security feature of a latent image of the medallion’s fineness of "999" hidden within the fine vertical lines. The active part of the design is produced by textured frosted swirls of heavier lines that appear to feed into the Yin from the top, and the Yang from the bottom. The overall design is very clean, polished mirror finish background. Inscriptions at the lower right include "2020" in a smaller type, with "KOREA" in a larger type stacked below.
Incredible Fluid Action
The reverse of this 2020 1oz Silver South Korea Taekwondo Proof edition is where the real action is! A young taekwondo fighter demonstrates a perfect upward, forward punch, originating from the center of his focused energy, ready to move in and finish the contest. This proof edition begins with the same action design featuring a frosted finish for the primary image and a third of the right background. The balance of the background at the left is a stunning polished mirror finish, which provides even more punch to the knock-out fist punch. Inscriptions include "TAEKWONDO . 1 oz FINE SILVER 999."
The nuances of this high-energy silver bullion medallion design captures with exceptional fineness the core of the martial art of Taekwondo. This is the benchmark of future offerings to come. Do not hesitate on this stellar 2nd proof edition of this fine series! With the extremely limited mintage of only 500 pieces, you should not delay. Please reserve your desired quantity as quickly as possible.
- 2020 1oz Silver South Korea Taekwondo Proof.
- Second proof edition release in the South Korean Taekwondo Series.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 500 pieces!
- Contains 1 oz of 999 fine silver in Proof condition.
- Unique anti-counterfeit security feature.
- Obverse: Yin Yang symbol surrounded by swirls demonstrating the fluid motion of the moves associated with Taekwondo.
- The reverse features a young taekwondo fighter demonstrating a perfect upward, forward punch, originating from the center of his focused energy. A mix of frosted and polished mirror finishes highlight the featured action scene. Inscriptions include "TAEKWONDO . 1oz FINE SILVER 999."
- Medallion carries no face value and is not legal tender.
- KOMSCO guarantees the weight and silver content of the medallion.