2020 Tokelau Chronos 1 oz Silver BU
The Tokelau Chronos series is now entering its 6th annual release cycle. Having originally launched in 2015 as a silver round without legal tender status, Tokelau released the 2019 offering with a $5 NZD denomination. This sixth release bears a legal tender of $6 NZD. The series has maintained the same theme throughout, while the design has undergone significant changes with each release. And this Tokelau Chronos 1 oz Silver BU edition is certainly one of the most striking ornately detailed of the series to date.
5 Minutes to 12:00
The obverse displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, "1 OZ FINE SILVER 999" at the top, and "ELIZABETH II – TOKELAU" at the bottom. The issue date of 2020 is divided with with two digits on either side of the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The infinity symbol, which appears on each release is beautifully stylized, integrating a feather into the symbol. The background is filled with a repeating, highly ornate geometric pattern, which is almost hypnotic in its effect. An attractive rimband finishes the overall design quite nicely.
The reverse continues true to the series theme, featuring the finely decorated face of a clock marking the time at 5 minutes to 12:00. An inner circle contains a number of feathers, depicted as though they are softly floating in the breeze. An outer ring displays the same background as the obverse. Each of the quarter-hours are designated; "Ag" at 12:00, "III" at 3:00, the denomination of "6 DOLLARS" at 6:00, and "IX" at 9:00. As with the obverse, a decorative rimband finishes the design.
This limited mintage (20,000), highly collectible 2020 BU edition features a gorgeous design worthy of the Chronos series. You will certainly enjoy showing it off! Also, don’t forget to review the companion 2020 Proof-Like edition.
- 2020 Tokelau Chronos 1 oz Silver BU.
- Sixth annual series release.
- Contains 1 Oz 999 Fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 20,000 for worldwide distribution.
- Legal Tender of $6 in Tokelau.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include, "1 OZ FINE SILVER 999 . ELIZABETH II . TOKELAU 2020." An infinity symbol is beautifully stylized, integrating a feather into the symbol. The background is filled with a repeating, highly ornate geometric pattern.
- Reverse: Continues the series theme, featuring the finely decorated face of a clock marking the time at 5 minutes to 12:00.