2020 Tuvalu Baby Mouse 1/2 oz Silver Proof
This colorized 2020 Tuvalu Baby Mouse 1/2 oz Silver Proof bullion coin is produced by the Australian Perth Mint on behalf of the island country of Tuvalu. It is highly likely that this is the most adorable representation of a Lunar bullion coin you have ever seen. Although officially named “Baby Mouse,” Perth Mint also referred to this 1/2 Silver coin as the “Adorable Nibbler.”
2020 Year of the Mouse ‑ Baby Edition
As a legal tender release by Tuvalu, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, “Queen Elizabeth II . 1/2 oz 9999 Ag . 2020 . TUVALU . 50 CENTS.”
The reverse displays a colorized scene featuring an image of a baby mouse. It is sitting on a beautifully wrapped present, nibbling on a small chunk of cheese. The mouse’s large, alert eyes and even larger ears certainly bear out the belief that, “Those born under the sign of the lunar mouse are said to possess enterprising spirits and a willingness to work hard to achieve their goals. They are smart, adaptable and curious by nature.” Inscriptions include “YEAR OF THE MOUSE” encircling the top rim, and the Chinese character for “Mouse” directly under it. The Perth “P” mintmark is also displayed.
This precious colorized 2020 Tuvalu Baby Mouse 1/2 oz Silver Proof bullion coin (housed in an included classic display case) would make a very thoughtful and endearing gift celebrating a newborn arriving in 2020!
- 2020 Tuvalu Baby Mouse 1/2 oz Silver Proof.
- Celebrating the Year of the Mouse.
- Produced by Australia Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- Limited mintage of only 7,150 for global distribution!.
- Contains 1/2 troy oz of 9999 Fine Silver.
- Obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “Queen Elizabeth II . 1 oz 9999 Ag . 2019 . TUVALU . 50 CENTS.”
- The reverse displays a colorized scene featuring a colorized image of a baby mouse, sitting on a beautifully wrapped present nibbling on a small chunk of cheese.
- Each coin is housed in a classic display case with a clear lid. Packaged with an illustrated shipper, each coin is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.