2020 Tuvalu Industry in Motion 2oz Silver Antiqued 2-Coin Set
This rather imaginative 2-coin set produced by The Perth Mint highlights how ancient mechanical concepts continue to support modern industry even in our highly advanced technological age. The example this 2020 Tuvalu Industry in Motion 2oz Silver Antiqued 2-Coin Set features is the simple cogwheel.
As noted by the mint, "One of the oldest mechanical devices known to man, the cogwheel, also known as a cog or gear, really came into its own during the Industrial Revolution. Even in the era of advanced technology, modern machinery still uses the ancient concept of cogwheels to transmit or receive motion."
Industry in Motion
The two coins included in this new Industry in Motion set have been minted in the shape of gears. Each bear 12 teeth. Also, highlighting the ancient mechanics of the concept, the 99.99 fine silver coins have been antiqued with the appearance of age. The reverse of each coin design features the appearance of a series of different sized gears layered one upon another. The classic Perth Mint P mintmark is inscribed on a tooth. As a legal tender release by Tuvalu, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, "QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 1 oz 9999 Ag . 2020 . TUVALU . 1 DOLLAR."
A coin set that features industrial utilization of movement made possible through a train of gears certainly should be expected to demonstrate the concept. And in this, we are not disappointed. The two coins are set within a clear presentation case along with a series of different colored gears. The series of gears may be easily rotated to demonstrate how each wheel in the mechanism is affected by the movement of the other gears in the chain.
This highly-collectible Tuvalu Industry in Motion 2-coin set has a very limited mintage of only 1,500 sets for global distribution. The shape and design of this pair of coins are remarkable on their own. However, when integrated into a functional cog-driven presentation case, you have an educational interactive mechanical showcase!
- 2020 Tuvalu Industry in Motion 2oz Silver Antiqued 2-Coin Set.
- Produced by Australia Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- 2-Coin set includes a total of 2 troy ounces of 9999 Fine Silver Antiqued.
- Each coin is struck in the shape of a gear with 12 teeth.
- The obverse of each coin displays the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II antiqued. Inscriptions include "QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 1 oz 9999 Ag . 2020 . TUVALU . 1 DOLLAR.".
- The reverse of each coin is antiqued with a design featuring the appearance of a series of different sized gears layered one upon another. The Perth Mint P mintmark is displayed on one of the teeth.
- The set of coins are set within a clear presentation case along with a series of other colored gears and the entire intersecting mechanism is able to be rotated.
- Each set comes in a finely illustrated shipper, and includes a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.