2021 1oz Australia Emu Silver BU
Now entering the fourth year of release, The Perth Mint’s 2021 1oz Australia Emu Silver BU edition features a very pleasing scene. In 2018, the Emu ‑ Australia’s largest native bird, joined the Kookaburra, Koala, Wedged-Tail Eagle, and Kangaroo as the 5th major bullion series to release annually. Also, following the pattern of the Kookaburra and Wedge-Tailed Eagle series, a brand new Emu design will be released each year.
Together at Water’s Edge
The obverse displays the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins, designed by Jody Clark. Inscriptions within the rimband include, "ELIZABETH II . AUSTRALIA . 1 DOLLAR."
The reverse of this 2021 1oz Australia Emu Silver BU edition coin features two emus; an adult and another, quite young. They are standing at the edge of a watering hole. The background depicts an outback scene of rolling hills, with tall water grasses. A single tree stands at the foot of the hills. The overall design is very nice, and fills the coin’s field. A wide rimband encircling the top half includes the inscription "AUSTRALIAN EMU." Inscriptions at the bottom rim include, "2021 . 1 Oz . 9999 Silver." The traditional P mintmark rests at the horizon on the right of the scene.
This very pleasing 2021 1oz Australia Emu Silver BU edition will be a wonderful addition to your collection. We are still in the early phase of this new series, and this 2021 1 oz Silver BU edition would certainly be a great piece to get started, if you have not yet considered the series.
- 2021 1oz Australia Emu Silver BU.
- Perth Mint’s 4th annual release of the Australian Emu series.
- Limited mintage of only 30,000 for global distribution!
- Single coins arrive in mint capsule.
- The obverse displays the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins, designed by Jody Clark. Inscriptions within the rimband include, "ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 1 DOLLAR."
- The reverse features an adult emu and one much younger standing at the edge of a watering hole. The background depicts an outback scene of rolling hills, with tall water grasses and a single tree. Inscriptions include "AUSTRALIAN EMU 2021 . 1 Oz . 9999 Silver."
The Australian Emu
The emu is a natural choice for the launch of a new Perth Mint annual-release coin series. The bird’s habitat includes the greater portion of Australia’s mainland. It is also the largest native Australian bird, second in height only to the (non-native) ostrich. And like the ostrich in that they are both flightless birds.
The emu’s uniqueness as a native Australian bird has earned it somewhat of an iconic status, as demonstrated by the country’s Coat of Arms that displays the Red Kangaroo on the left and the Emu on the right.