2021 1oz Australia Silver Kookaburra BU
From its introduction in 1990, the worldwide popularity of the Australian Kookaburra bullion offering has been remarkable. Anticipation builds as each new release date approaches, and annual pre-sale volumes also continue to soar. This 2021 1oz Australia Silver Kookaburra BU will certainly be a proud addition to your collection!
The Perth Mint continues their annual unveiling of a new Kookaburra design, and for 2021, the scene is remarkably attractive!
Lovely and Graceful
As a legal tender offering of Australia, the obverse displays the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. This is a very lovely and graceful pose. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “1 DOLLAR” at the bottom.
Greeting The Day
The reverse of this 2021 1oz Australia Silver Kookaburra BU coin features a nicely detailed, and very attractive fresh design. Widely known Perth Mint designer, Aleylsha Howart, has created a fine presentation of this iconic Australian bird.
Greeting the day, the kookaburra is sighted perching on the branch of a gum tree that is bearing its seed pods. One of the tree’s leafy branches extend into the coin’s rimband at the bottom left. Overall, the scene displayed is remarkably pleasing. Inscriptions include, “AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA” at the top rim, and “2021 1OZ 9999 SILVER.” The Perth P mintmark is within the lower right rimband.
Considering the attention to detail, pleasing design, and overall fine presentation, this 2021 Silver Kookaburra will very likely become one of your favorites! See our great selection of size offerings to enhance your growing collection.
- 2021 1oz Australia Silver Kookaburra BU.
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Limited Mintage of 500,000.
- Obverse: Features the lovely 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II that includes the Queen’s shoulders and neckline created by Jody Clark. Inscriptions include, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA . 1 DOLLAR”.
- Reverse: Features a kookaburra perching on the branch of a gum tree. A leafy branch extends into the coin’s rimband. Inscriptions include, “AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA . 2021 1OZ 9999 SILVER.” The Perth P mintmark is displayed at the right rim.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- New security feature was introduced by The Perth Mint in 2020 for their silver bullion coins. A single microscopic letter is engraved within the top inscription of the coin, which is only visible under magnification.
- Packaged individually in a protective mint-issued capsule.
First released in 1990, the Kookaburra series has been an overwhelming success in popularity. The series was the first from The Perth Mint to feature a new reverse design each year. This is also Perth’s longest running series. The Kookaburra maintains a growing a worldwide following, and popularity increases with each release. The upgrade to .9999 silver purity beginning with the 2018 release resulted in an even greater boost to both popularity and sales.