2021 1 oz Platinum Australia Kangaroo BU
The Perth Mint is proud to release the 2021 1 oz Platinum Australia Perth Kangaroo BU. Struck in .9995 fine platinum, this Australian bullion coin is a treasure for investors as well as collectors. Since Perth first released the Kangaroo to the global precious metals community in 1993, it has continued to gain international approval as a sound investment. The 2021 Platinum Australia Kangaroo BU extends that proud legacy, featuring the gorgeous design first introduced in 2016.
Lovely and Graceful
The obverse features the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. This is a very lovely and graceful pose. This new effigy is certain to be well received. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “100 DOLLARS” at the bottom.
Iconic Outback Action!
The Kangaroo is universally recognized as one of the three most iconic examples of Australian Outback wildlife. Of course, the other two are the Koala and Kookaburra. Perth Mint’s annual release of their silver bullion Kangaroo features a lively scene of a finely detail Red Kangaroo, leaping in mid-air.
The background is filled with a stunning starburst design, radiating out from the coin’s center. A wavy-line border pattern encircles the rim. Inscriptions are displayed in the border, including “AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO” at the top, and “2021 1 oz 9995 PLATINUM” at the bottom. The “P” Perth mintmark is at the right, in the border.
A micro-laser engraved letter “A” appears within the first A of “AUSTRALIAN” (visible under magnification), which provides authentication and detection against counterfeits.
- 2021 1 oz Platinum Australia Kangaroo BU.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 pure Platinum in brilliant uncirculated condition.
- Individual coins come in mint capsule.
- Obverse: Features a lovely new effigy of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s earlier, 2016 5th official effigy.
- Reverse: Features the classic Red Kangaroo design by Dr. Stuart Devlin, surrounded by a radiating design, along with a micro-engraved “A” appearing under magnification.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.