2021 Queen’s Beasts Completer 2oz Silver BU
We at BOLD were quite pleased to receive news of The Royal Mint’s decision to wrap-up in style their long-running Queen’s Beasts series. The series became a favorite of both PM investors and fine bullion coin collectors around the world from the day of the first release. Now this 2021 Queen’s Beasts Completer 2oz Silver BU edition is being added to the stunning “Completer” line-up.
Celebrate in High Style
As introduced by The Royal Mint,
“On 2 June 1953, Her Majesty The Queen arrived at Westminster Abbey to be crowned before the nation. Outside the entrance, ten heraldic creatures formed a guard of honour in a striking illustration of the royal line of descent.
Recast on coins, The Queen’s Beasts Collection has breathed new life into these manifestations of the monarch’s right to rule. From instantly recognisable national symbols to familial beasts of the great houses that vied for the throne, they number lions, a bull, a falcon, a horse and a greyhound as well as creatures of myth and legend.
To celebrate the conclusion of this hugely popular series, a special collector coin provides a fitting finale. Available in a range of limited-edition gold and silver Proof editions, as well as a Brilliant Uncirculated edition, all ten of these formidable royal guardians appear together in one design created by Jody Clark, who is the youngest designer to have created a definitive coinage portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.”
- 2021 Queen’s Beasts Completer 2oz Silver BU.
- Produced by The Royal Mint as a celebratory farewell to the globally admired Queen’s Beasts series.
- Contains 2 troy oz of .9999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Struck in stunning high-relief.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the Royal Mint’s stunning guilloché obverse pattern. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II . D. G. REG. F. D.” and the 5 pounds face value.
- Reverse: Displays within a center inset a smaller effigy of Queen Elizabeth II against a textured pattern. The inscription “THE QUEEN’S BEASTS . 2021” encircles the Queen’s portrait. Encircling the outer rim are small replicas of the ten Queen’s Beasts originally featured on each of the ten releases. Each of the Beasts are presented within a fine, arched frame. Also, each Beast has extended at least one hoof, paw, or claw to rest on the center inset. We can’t help but conclude that this was each representative heraldic beast paying due homage to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The overall result is exquisite and worthy of the Regal theme!