2021 Great Britain Myths & Legends Robin Hood 1oz Silver BU
BOLD is very pleased to present this inaugural release of the new series Myths & Legends, produced by The Royal Mint. This very fine 2021 Great Britain Myths & Legends Robin Hood 1oz Silver BU coin opens the series with a legend that never fails to excite the imagination of both young and the not so young. We can’t wait to get our (gloved) hands on this incredibly striking new coin!
As introduced by the mint,
“Centuries after his tales were first told around British campfires and hearths, The Royal Mint is celebrating the legendary hero Robin Hood. The iconic character, who famously stole from the rich to give to the poor, appears on the first coin in a new bullion collection inspired by myth and legend. The hero of folklore will soon be followed by two more coins inspired by the tale, featuring the courageous heroine Maid Marian and Robin Hood’s trusted companion Little John.
Passed along through the oral traditions of the time, stories of this heroic rebel have been spread far and wide since the fourteenth century. Robin Hood was often described as a great archer, and Jody Clark’s depiction of the character features him hidden amongst the branches of Sherwood Forest, poised with a bow and arrow ready for action.”
Legend – Robin Hood
As a legal tender offering of Great Britain, the obverse of this 2021 Great Britain Myths & Legends Robin Hood 1oz Silver BU coin displays the right-facing effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created by Jody Clark. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D. 2 POUNDS.”
The reverse features an awesome action scene of Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest. He is depicted standing high on a tree limb, with his arrow set and bow-string fully drawn on his long bow. His keen eye is fixed on his intended target. The leaves of the tree are shown in the background. The background texture is comprised of micro-dots, a remarkable table texture technology. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, “ROBIN HOOD . 1 OZ . FINE SILVER . 999 . 2021”. The designer’s initials (JC) are displayed at the bottom right. The overall design is extremely-well presented. The sense of live action that the drawn bow-string produces is also quite remarkable.
- 2021 Great Britain Myths & Legends Robin Hood 1 oz Silver BU.
- Inaugural release of new Myths & Legends series by The Royal Mint.
- Contains 1 oz 999 Fine Silver in BU condition.
- Features a modern interpretation of Robin Hood by Jody Clark.
- Obverse: Displays the right-facing effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created by Jody Clark. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D. 2 POUNDS.”
- Reverse: Features Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest, balanced high on a tree limb, with arrow set and bow-string fully drawn. The leaves of the tree are shown in the background. Inscriptions include, “ROBIN HOOD . 1 OZ . FINE SILVER . 999 . 2021.”