2021 1oz Niue Dinosaurs Brontosaurus Silver Colored Antique
This remarkably fine, limited mintage 2021 1oz Niue Dinosaurs Brontosaurus Silver Colored Antique coin arrives as the 5th release of the Niue Dinosaurs colorized antiqued series. With the great success of the previous four offerings, we are excited to see this fifth coming available! Following a similar intriguing layout as the previous four releases, we are sure you will be pleased with this remarkable Brontosaurus design.
The Brontosaurus was large, weighing up to 15 tons and a length of up to 72 feet. Its most distinctive features included a very long neck, with a relatively small head and a very long whip-like tail. The animal’s name “Brontosaurus,” means “thunder lizard” from the original Greek. It is believed that the animal’s long, tapered tail could be powerfully whipped by the animal to make a loud cracking sound similar to a bullwhip. The Brontosaurus had distinctive paired-spikes that ran the length of its neck and tail. It is generally believed that the tail was greatly effective against predators. As displayed in the coin design, the Brontosaurus had somewhat shorter front legs than its hind legs. These dinosaurs were herbivorous.
As a legal tender release by Niue, the obverse displays the distinctive Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, “ELIZABETH II . NIUE . TWO DOLLARS. 2021.”
The reverse of this 2021 1oz Niue Dinosaurs Brontosaurus Silver Colored Antique coin follows the intriguing design scheme of the series. Featured is the finely detailed colorized image of the Brontosaurus against a finely-detailed, antiqued, prehistoric background. The colorization of this massive ancient beast is magnificent. Inscriptions include “Brontosaurus” at the top rim, and “1 oz Fine Silver” at the bottom.
- 2021 1oz Niue Dinosaurs Brontosaurus Silver Colored Antique.
- Produced by the New Zealand Mint for Niue.
- Fifth release of Niue Dinosaurs series.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 2,000 for worldwide distribution!
- Contains 1 troy oz of 999 Fine Silver.
- The antiqued finish greatly adds to the overall effect of this powerful colorized design!
- Obverse: displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include, “ELIZABETH II . NIUE . TWO DOLLARS . 2021.”
- Each coin is presented in a fine display case with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity, and arrives in an amazingly illustrated shipper.