2021 Niue Justice League Swamp Thing 1oz Silver Colored Proof
This remarkable DC Comics 2021 Niue Justice League Swamp Thing 1oz Silver Colored Proof coin is issued in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Swamp Thing ™. The unique character first appeared the 1971 DC Comic House of Secrets #92. The coin’s featured design is based upon his tenure with the JUSTICE LEAGUE ™.
Swamp Thing – Defender!
As noted in this intriguing and incredibly informative Wikipedia article, "Swamp Thing,"
"The Swamp Thing is a fictional superhero in American comic books published by DC Comics. A humanoid/plant elemental creature, created by writer Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, the Swamp Thing has had several humanoid or monster incarnations in various different storylines.
The character first appeared in House of Secrets #92 (July 1971) in a stand-alone horror story set in the early 20th century. The character then returned in a solo series, set in the contemporary world and in the general DC continuity.
The character is a swamp monster that resembles an anthropomorphic mound of vegetable matter, and fights to protect his swamp home, the environment in general, and humanity from various supernatural or terrorist threats."
Be sure to check out this entire Wiki article for the intriguing history of the Swamp Thing!
As a legal tender offering of Niue, the obverse of this fine 2021 Niue Justice League Swamp Thing 1oz Silver Colored Proof coin displays the Ian Rank-Broadley distinctive portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include, "ELIZABETH II . NIUE . 2021 . 2 DOLLARS.
The reverse features Swamp Thing’s massive, powerful image consisting of natural vegetation, amazingly colorized. He stands firmly as defender, not only of his swamp home, but all of the world’s natural environment. His character trademark logo "SWAMP THING ™" is displayed on the right, also colored. The background depicts his natural, teaming with vegetation (non-colored). Inscriptions at the bottom rim include, "1 oz 999 Fine Silver . and DC Comics Copyright & Trademark info.
Limited 50th Anniversary Edition
As a limited edition, highly-collectible premium offering, each coin comes in an acrylic display case with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and themed shipper. BOLD encourages you to act quickly to reserve your desire quantity of this fine 2021 Niue Justice League Swamp Thing 1oz Silver Colored Proof coin while supplies last.
- 2021 Niue Justice League Swamp Thing 1oz Silver Colored Proof.
- 50th Anniversary of the creation of Swamp Thing.
- Produced for Niue by the New Zealand Mint.
- Limited mintage of only 1,971 pieces (in honor of the 1st comic book edition release in 1971).
- Each coin comes in acrylic display case, and includes numbered COA and themed shipper box.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley distinctive portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in the center field. Inscriptions encircling the effigy include, "ELIZABETH II . NIUE . 2 DOLLARS . 2021.
- Reverse: Features Swamp Thing standing firmly as nature’s defender. His body is colored, as is his Trademark logo "SWAMP THING" Inscriptions include, "1 oz 999 Fine Silver" and DC Comics Copyright & Trademark info.