2021 Rwanda 1oz Silver Nautical Ounce Sedov BU
The Rwanda Nautical Ounce series was introduced in 2017. Now entering the fifth annual release, the series highly unique design continues to be extremely popular and a top seller! This 2021 Rwanda 1oz Silver Nautical Ounce Sedov BU edition presents a stunning view of the Sedov under full sails.
This fifth edition of the Rwanda Nautical Ounce series is not only a stunning example of extraordinary design and pristine production, but also opens a window into international Maritime history.
As a legal tender offering by Rwanda, the obverse displays a large image of the Coat of Arms of the Republic of Rwanda centered, with inscriptions encircling the rim, including "BANKI NKURU Y’U RWANDA AMAFARANGA MIRONGO ITANU." The face value of 50 Francs is also included.
The reverse features Sedov, under full sails. Following the basic design layout of the first four releases of the Nautical Ounce series, the ship is accompanied by a large highly-stylized compass set to the left, with navigational markings across the background. The wide rim-band includes the inscriptions "NAUTICAL OUNCE . 2021 . 1 oz FINE SILVER 999." Superimposing the background markings and the band at the top is a small elliptical inset that includes nautical equipment consistent with the period. At the bottom, rough waters from under the ship splash out into the rim-band, creating a nice action effect. Within the splash is inscribed "Sedov."
- 2021 Rwanda 1oz Silver Nautical Ounce Sedov BU.
- Fifth annual release of the highly popular Nautical Ounce series.
- Includes 1 oz of 999 Fine Silver BU.
- Singles come in a mint plastic pouch, and multiples of 10 in come in sheets.
- Obverse: displays the Coat of Arms of the Republic of Rwanda, with inscriptions encircling the rim.
- Reverse features a very fine depiction of the bark (barque) style sailing ship, Sedov. The ship is shown under full sail. The design includes stylized nautical instruments and markings.
- Face value of 50 Francs.
- Each Silver BU edition in the series is only minted until the next edition is released, ensuring low mintages and making each edition exclusive.
From Wikipedia, STS Sedov
"The ship is a four-masted steel barque that for almost 80 years was the largest traditional sailing ship in operation. Originally built as a German cargo ship, Sedov is today a sail training vessel, training cadets from the universities of Kaliningrad, Saint Petersburg and Astrakhan. She participates regularly in the big maritime international events as a privileged host and has also been a regular participant in The Tall Ships’ Races."