2021 Silver 1/2 oz Australia Perth Lunar Ox Proof
BOLD is very pleased to present this second release of Australia’s Perth Lunar Series III! With the release of this exceptional 2021 Silver 1/2 oz Australia Perth Lunar Ox Proof design, The Perth Mint has clearly established their new course for the style of Series III.
Collectors responded overwhelmingly at the launch of the new series as the Year of the Mouse design was released last year. Expanding upon that success, Perth introduces this 2021 release featuring a delightful design in celebration of the Year of the Ox!
Lunar Year of the Ox
Each year since 1995, The Perth Mint has proudly offered a distinctive new design celebrating the current year’s animal that represents one of the 12 animals of the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2021 we celebrate the second animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac, the Year of the Ox.
As noted by the mint, “Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar ox in 2021, 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973 and every 12th preceding year are said to be kind, intelligent, honest and reliable. Admired for their strong work ethic, logical mindset and calm demeanour, they are recognised as great leaders.”
As legal tender offerings by Australia, the obverse for the series depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
The reverse of this 2021 Silver 1/2 oz Australia Perth Lunar Ox Proof coin features a delightful scene depicting an ox and her calve at her side. The calve’s head is turned, looking up at its mother. A small village is seen in the background, at the foot of a mountainous region. A flowering branch from a cherry blossom tree reaches out above the animals’ heads, adding just the right touch to complete the poignant scene. Inscriptions include the Chinese character for Year of the Ox and “OX 2021.” The iconic P Perth mintmark is at the lower right rim. You are truly going to love the overall design of this coin!
- 2021 Silver 1/2 oz Australia Perth Lunar Ox Proof.
- Second annual release in The Perth Mint’s Lunar Series III.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine silver proof quality.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 maximum coins, out of which no more than 4,000 released in this special packaging edition for worldwide distribution!
- Presentation: Each coin is presented in a classic display case with a magnetic lid. The case is packaged in an illustrated shipper. A numbered Certificate of Authenticity is also included. The shippers of future animals in the Lunar Series III will, when arrayed together, form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which tells how the zodiac came into being.
- Obverse: depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: features a delightful scene depicting an ox and her calve at her side, with a village in the background. Inscriptions include the Chinese character for Year of the Ox, and “OX 2021.” The P Perth mintmark is at the lower right rim.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The Australia Perth Lunar silver proof bullion coin series includes three common size variations for 2021 (1 oz, 1/2 oz, 2 oz). Each year’s coin set portrays a wonderfully presented image of the animal representing that year and its Chinese pinyin character.
The previous Australian Lunar Series II sustained, strong collector and investor interest throughout its stellar 12-year run. This brand new Series III second release of the current 12-year cycle is positioned to take a strong lead in the Lunar bullion market! Please secure your selections early, while they are still available.