2021 1/4 oz Silver Britannia BU
New for 2021, the Royal Mint introduces this fine fractional 2021 1/4 oz Silver Britannia BU. This new Britannia offering contains 1/4 troy ounce of .999 fine silver, the purest of silver released by the Royal Mint. The obverse displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark. A highly attractive guilloché security pattern fills the background.
Symbol of Strength and Integrity
The reverse features the image of Britannia, the strong, watchful female personification of the United Kingdom. Britannia stands with a trident grasped in one hand to defend the seas. In the other, she holds a large shield, graced with the image of Great Britain’s flag, ready to defend the realm. As a symbol of strength and integrity, Britannia has for centuries been featured on British coinage. A distinctive radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection. Inscriptions are displayed within the narrow rimband include, "BRITANNIA . 2021 . 1/4 oz . 999 FINE SILVER."
This is the inaugural release of this very fine 1/4 oz Silver Britannia BU coin. You will surely want to get in on this first release year!
- 2021 1/4 oz Silver Britannia BU.
- Inaugural release of of 1/4 oz silver BU.
- Contains 1/4 troy oz of .999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the guilloché security pattern. Inscriptions include "ELIZABETH II D. G. REG. F. D." and the 50 Pence face value.
- Reverse: Features the helmeted Lady Britannia, standing with a trident grasped in one hand and a shield in the other. A distinctive radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.