2021 10 oz Silver Queen’s Beasts White Horse of Hanover BU
The Royal Mint has once again proven its impeccable dedication to producing British coinage that faithfully represents the nation's rich heritage. Ninth in the immensely popular ten‑coin Queen's Beasts series, The White Horse of Hanover was designed for the British Royal Mint by the highly respected engraver, Jody Clark. As with the eight previous releases, the intricate detail captured on the image is truly awesome! This magnificent 2021 10 oz Silver Queen’s Beasts White Horse of Hanover BU edition contributes greatly to the centuries of British heritage represented in the 10 original painted plaster statues of 1953.
Minted in high-relief with highest purity and 10 oz weight, this 999.9 silver BU edition of the series has become a highly treasured favorite among collectors and precious metals investors worldwide. The coin's obverse displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the 10 pounds face value. Quite interestingly, the Queen's portrait was also designed by Jody Clark and adopted into British coinage since 2016.
The Heraldic White Horse of Hanover
The image of the White Horse of Hanover is distinctively presented with the remarkable strength of the heraldic beast. Depicted rearing up, this magnificent beast's powerful muscular bulk overpowers the coin's center field. With its handsome mane wildly tossed, this awesome design is truly worthy of its heraldry. The heraldic shield is proudly displayed before the image of this powerful White Horse of Hanover. As with the obverse, the background displays a texture. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, "2021 . WHITE HORSE OF HANOVER."
- 2021 10 oz Silver Queen’s Beasts White Horse of Hanover BU.
- Ninth edition of a series of ten.
- Contains 10 troy oz of 999.9 fine silver BU.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, against the Royal Mint's stunning guilloché obverse pattern. Inscriptions include "ELIZABETH II . D. G. REG. F. D." and the 10 pounds face value.
- Reverse: Features the heraldic detailed image representing the White Horse of Hanover, with a textured background. Inscriptions include, "2021 . WHITE HORSE OF HANOVER."
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
- Individual coins come in protective mint capsules.
The Queen's Beasts are ten heraldic statues depicting the genealogy of Queen Elizabeth II. The statues were created by the British sculptor, James Woodford in 1953 for the Queen's coronation, and temporarily set up in front of the western annex to Westminster Abbey, the coronation church of the British monarchy. Today, the almost 2‑meter high painted plaster figures are on display in the Canadian Museum of History in Ottawa.