2021 Tuvalu Zhao Yun Colored 5oz Silver Antiqued
BOLD is excited to offer for your consideration this truly magnificent 2021 Tuvalu Zhao Yun Colored 5oz Silver Antiqued rimless coin. Produced by the Perth Mint for the island nation of Tuvalu, this fine coin highlights the military exploits of Chinese General Zhao Yun. As introduced by the mint,
“A military commander during one of the most turbulent and bloody periods in China’s history, Zhao Yun was a model warrior possessing expert combat skills, supreme courage and unwavering loyalty. The coin portrays the legendary general at the Battle of Changban in 208, where he risked all to rescue his master’s baby son. Within the design, Zhao Yun’s ornate spear is coloured blue and gold. The Chinese characters for Zhao Yun, also appear in the artistry which features a unique antiqued surface finish.
This coin has been individually antiqued by hand to give a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artefact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin may vary.”
Battle of Changban
As a legal tender release by Tuvalu, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, highlighted by hand-applied antique finish. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, “QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 5 oz 9999 Ag . 2021 . TUVALU . 5 DOLLARS.”
The reverse depicts an active scene during the battle of Changban with incredible action-detail. Commander Zhao Yun is featured, while against all odds, he led his men to victory. The selective colorization of his spear significantly adds to the sense of Zhao Yun’s active engagement leading the battle. The displayed chinese characters displayed are Zhao Yun. The incredible hand-application of the antique finish adds to the sense of the ancient times depicted.
This extremely low mintage (388 pieces), highly-collectible 2021 Tuvalu Zhao Yun Colored 5oz Silver Antiqued coin is presented as a premium offering, which includes a classic black Perth Mint branded coin case, accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. The encased coin arrives in an awesome, themed shipper.
- 2021 Tuvalu Zhao Yun Colored 5oz Silver Antiqued.
- Produced by Australia Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 388 for worldwide distribution!
- Contains 5 troy oz of 9999 Fine Silver.
- The antiqued finish and selective colorization greatly adds to the overall effect of this powerful design!
- Obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include “QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 5 oz 9999 Ag . 2021 . TUVALU . 5 DOLLARS.”
- The reverse depicts an active scene during the battle of Changban with incredible action-detail.