2021 Tuvalu 1oz Gods of Olympus Poseidon Gold BU
The Perth Mint, in association with the island nation of Tuvalu, is very pleased to return for the second release of the highly-popular Gods of Olympus series! The 2020 inaugural release of this resurrected series featured Gods of Olympus Zeus in 1oz Silver BU and Antiqued dated 2020 and followed with 5oz Silver BU and Antiqued, as well as 1oz Gold BU, dated 2021. As the series continues, it will feature each of the original 2014 designs in all of their glory. This second release of the 2021 Tuvalu 1oz Gods of Olympus Poseidon Gold BU edition is an awesome follow-up. As noted by the mint,
"In 2014, The Perth Mint released its first ever antiqued coins in the Gods of Olympus series. The coins were incredibly popular and immediate sell-outs. To pay homage to a product that popularised the antiqued finish. For the first time ever in a dual release format by The Perth Mint will be available in both BU and antiqued finishes."
Poseidon – God of the SeaGreek mythology depicted Poseidon as the God of the Sea, over which he exerted absolute rule. This is represented by Poseidon grasping a long trident in his fist. Poseidon’s stern authority was most often displayed through the use of his trident. Power of his trident was released by striking the ground to produce earthquakes. He was also protector of sailors who called upon him for safe passage.
The design of this new release is truly incredible. As a legal tender release by Tuvalu, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, "QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 1 oz 9999 Au . 2021 . TUVALU . 100 DOLLARS."
The reverse depicts Poseidon in a proud, powerful stance, grasping his trident in one hand, as he steers his ship powered by a pair seahorses crashing through the waves. Jumping through the rough wake are several playful dolphins. The single inscription, "POSEIDON" rests at the bottom rim. This magnificent scene is strikingly powerful!
- 2021 Tuvalu 1oz Gods of Olympus Poseidon Gold BU.
- Produced by Australia Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 100 for worldwide distribution!
- Contains 1 troy oz of 9999 Fine Gold in BU condition.
- Gold edition includes numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include "QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 1 oz 9999 Au . 2021 . TUVALU . 100 DOLLARS."
- The reverse features Poseidon, God of the Sea, displaying his incredible power and authority, grasping a trident. He is shown steering his ship under power of a pair of seahorses crashing through rough seas. The single inscription at the bottom rim reads, "POSEIDON."