2021 Tuvalu 1oz Gods of Olympus Zeus Gold BU
The Perth Mint, in association with the island nation of Tuvalu, is very pleased to return once again to the relaunched series, Gods of Olympus! We were all extremely pleased with the re-introduction of the series in 2020 with a pair of 1 oz silver editions (BU and antiqued) featuring Zeus. We now have the outstanding opportunity to buy up into the ongoing series with this striking, low mintage, highly-collectible 2021 Tuvalu 1oz Gods of Olympus Zeus Gold BU edition.
Zeus – Justice & HonorGreek mythology depicted Zeus the god of weather, which encompassed all that transpired in the sky. This is represented by Zeus grasping a lightening bolt in his hand. He was also the Lord of Mount Olympus and Patron of humans. And as such, was responsible to maintain justice and honor.
The design of this new release is truly incredible. As a legal tender release by Tuvalu, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include, "QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 1 oz 9999 Au . 2021 . TUVALU . 100 DOLLARS."
The reverse depicts Zeus in a proud, powerful stance, grasping a forking lightening bolt in his left hand, and the staff of his scepter in his right. An eagle in flight is seen above his massive shoulder. The background displays a rising storm, while below are mountain peaks. The single inscription, "ZEUS" rests at the bottom rim. This magnificent scene is strikingly powerful!
- 2021 Tuvalu 1oz Gods of Olympus Zeus Gold BU.
- Produced by Australia Perth Mint for Tuvalu.
- Limited mintage of only 100 pieces for worldwide distribution!
- Each coin includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Contains 1 troy oz of 9999 Fine Gold in BU condition.
- Obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include "QUEEN ELIZABETH II . 1 oz 9999 Ag . 2021 . TUVALU . 100 DOLLARS."
- The reverse features Zeus, god of the weather, displaying his incredible power and authority, grasping a lightening bolt and his scepter. A storm is displayed arising in the background. Below him are mountain peaks. At the bottom rim is the single inscription, "ZEUS"