The American Arts Commemorative Gold Medallions series was a precursor program to the American Eagle bullion coin program launched in 1986. United States Mints five-year production beginning in 1980 features five different honorees, noteworthy in the American arts. The medallions were minted in both 1/2 an 1 oz .9 gold.
This item is for the 1/2 oz medallion, and will be pulled from random dates. The obverse design of the coin series featured a different artist each year, with the reverse highlighting a choice achievement of each.
- 1980 – Marion Anderson
- 1981 – Willa Cather
- 1982 – Frank Lloyd Wright
- 1983 – Alexander Calder
- 1984 – John Steinbeck
- *This item will be pulled from random dates* .
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9 actual gold content.
- Obverse: Features a different featured American artist each year.
- Reverse: Highlights each of the artists achievement.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.