The British Gold Sovereign has been minted for 500 years now. Also known as the British Pound, this particular 5 Pound coin bears the image of George V. This is one of the most universally recognized gold coins and is dated between 1911 to 1932.
These coins were minted by the Royal Mint of United Kingdom and also in Canada, India, Australia and South Africa. This coin in particular has two variations of the head portrait of George V on the obverse side. The reverse side has George V, astride his horse, with sword in hand slaying a dragon. The design was sculpted by the famous Italian engraver Benedetto Pistrucci. This item will be pulled from random dates.
- This item will be pulled from random dates.
- Contains 1.177 troy oz of .9 fine gold.
- Minted to Bullion standard
- Obverse: This coin in particular has two variations of the head portrait of George V on the Obverse side.
- Reverse: Features Benedetto Pistruccis design of George V, astride his horse, slaying a dragon.