The Isle of Man Platinum Noble 1 oz .9995 fine platinum was the first platinum bullion coin to be introduced to the world market. It was minted for the Isle of Man, a self-governing British Crown Dependency. The Isle is located in the Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland.
The coin is legal tender, and was in production from 1983 through 1989. The obverse features Queen Elizabeth II and the mint date. The reverse features an early Viking warship, the weight, and the denomination of One Noble.
Platinum bullion investment today is growing because, unlike gold, there are no Central Bank Reserves of platinum and it has many industrial uses in the modern world. Major mine production of platinum comes from South Africa and Russia and, according to Johnson Matthey, mine output remains in a deficit.
- This item will be pulled from random dates.
- Contains 1.0 troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Face value One Noble.
- Obverse: Features tQueen Elizabeth II and the mint date.
- Reverse: Displays an early Viking warship, the weight, and the denomination.
- Minted and guaranteed for weight and purity by a sovereign country, the Isle of Man Platinum Noble is recognized and accepted as a world standard. This allows dealers to post daily buy and sell prices on these beautiful 1 oz coins, which follow the world price of platinum.
- Due to the coins quality production standards the Isle of Man Platinum Noble 1 oz is accepted in your Individual Retirement Account.
- The premium over spot is low and attractive to those who only want a bullion investment.