Saint Gauden 1933 1 oz Silver Round
The Saint Gaudens design is considered one of the most popular coinage designs ever produced. Now available in replica silver rounds, this Saint Gauden 1933 1 oz Silver Round beautifully displays the magnificence of this historic design!
- Saint Gauden 1933 1 oz Silver Round.
- This item will be pulled from random brands.
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Lady Liberty is featured holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. Rising in the background are the first rays of the sunrise. Inscriptions include "Liberty" and the year, 1933, the original coin's final year of production. This date is unusual, since none of the 1933 mintage was ever released.
- Reverse: Displays an image specific to the random brand, with inscriptions, "1 Troy oz. 999 Silver."
President Theodore Roosevelt commissioned Augustus Saint Gaudens to design a fresh new design to replace the Liberty Head. Roosevelt made it very well known that he believed the Liberty Head was unattractive. Production of the new Saint Gaudens Double Eagles began with the 1907 release. The new design was immediately received with global accolades of its fineness and graceful beauty. Production continued through its final minting in 1933.
Somewhat ironically, it was another President Roosevelt (Franklin D.), who forced the cessation of minting gold coinage in the United States. Further, under his direction, it was made illegal for private U.S. citizens to retain ownership of gold coinage, forcing confiscation of their holdings. None of the 1933 mintage was ever released.
Why Silver Rounds?
Silver bullion rounds have long been a sound choice for precious metals investors. Due to lower production costs, they generally have a smaller premium as compared to the same troy oz of silver coins. This, of course, results in less expensive upfront investment costs.
Silver rounds are available in many highly recognizable designs, making them very appreciated gift items. With an ever-growing selection, you will always find just the right match for every birthday, anniversary, and Thank-You opportunity. They are also a more budget-sensitive way to introduce your children to a life-long appreciation of coin collecting.
BOLD offers a large, and constantly growing selection of Silver Rounds. Consider adding Silver Rounds to your bullion investment strategy today!