Spartan Warrior 1 oz Silver Round
Golden State Mint is proud to announce the inaugural release of the Warrior series. This will ultimately be a six-edition 1 oz Silver Round set once the six rounds are released. The Mint has a 45 year reputation of issuing some of the finest bullion rounds and bars in the industry. With the release of this striking Spartan Warrior 1 oz Silver Round, they have once again hit the mark!
The Fatal Strike!
The obverse of this action-packed silver round features a brave Spartan warrior ready to unleash the deadly blow. His long spear is raised high in his right hand and will very soon find its mark. Riddled with arrows, the round shield in this Spartan’s left hand clearly reveals the intensity of the battle. The shield also displays the Greek letter lambda, which is historically associated with Spartan warriors. His helmet conceals all but the courage and determination of his expression. The flowing cape behind him shows the quickness with which he is moving towards that fatal strike. The overall scene and the warrior’s stance makes it appear that he is leaping off the very surface of the round!
This battle-hardened warrior’s muscular frame discloses just how powerful a force he commands with his every move. The single inscription “SPARTAN” is mid-field to the left, at the spear’s point. The narrow rim-band contains a decorative border.
The reverse features a Corinthian helmet, complete with a horsehair crest. Traditional Spartan weapons, the Dory spear, the short sword (Xiphos), and an axe stand guard behind the helmet. Inscriptions include “1 OUNCE .999 FINE AG” encircling the rim-band at the top. The single inscription at the bottom displays the theme of the series, “WARRIORS.” The same narrow rim-band as displayed on the obverse is repeated on the reverse.
This remarkably striking inaugural release of the new Warriors Series issued by Golden State Mint is definitely a must-have!
- Spartan Warrior 1 oz Silver Round.
- First release of a new six-edition 1 oz Silver Round series.
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Mint: Golden State Mint.
- Obverse: Features an action-packed scene of a Spartan warrior quickly moving towards that fatal thrust of his spear into his enemy.
- Reverse: Displays a Corinthian helmet, complete with a horsehair crest. Traditional Spartan weapons, the Dory spear, the short sword (Xiphos), and an axe stand guard behind the helmet.
- Packaging: Singles ship in protective plastic flips. Multiples of 20 ship in mint-packed plastic tubes. Multiples of 500 ship in sealed mint-boxes.